[SOLVED] why are my gpu fans so loud

Dec 14, 2020
my pc works fine and temps are cool (up to 70 c when playing games) however a lot of the time when windows starts the fans spin at max .However, it shows 0 rpm on apps like CPUID sometimes it stops and returns to a normal rpm for a bit and even if its fine on windows start up it does the same thing later on. as well it is fine in bios and never does it in bios. just wondering if there is a way to fix this . Thanks!

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3GB)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GIGABYTE B450M DS3H Micro ATX

Solution
you can set your own custom fan curve or set it to a static RPM %.
MSI Afterburner has a very simple GUI for controlling fan speeds and core/memory speeds.
works with most GPU models.

if the card's fans ramp up upon boot it is usually just because no profile has been initiated yet.
as the OS loads it kicks in and normalizes.
MSI Afterburner has a very simple GUI for controlling fan speeds and core/memory speeds.

if the card's fans ramp up upon boot it is usually just because no profile has been initiated yet.

Solution
Dec 14, 2020

no its fine on boot but when windows loads it ramps up and i also have a a custom fan curve

Dec 14, 2020
same situation. no custom profile is loaded until the OS starts and initializes it.
so is it not initialising it?
would also like to point out that CPUID monitor and other monitors show this which is strange because it says fans are at 25% yet 0 rpm but I can confirm I can see them spinning at what I am estimating is max speed
quiLCcW.png