Why are windows xp laptop still expensive?

iseeu1001

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
On craigslist I see laptops going for anywhere near $80-$200 and the one that is $80 is not even in good condition. I would say there worth more like $30-40 or so because lets be real. Windows xp is dead and dated. The only reason I want a windows xp laptop is to play red alert 2 because no matter what I do I cant play it right on my windows 10 computer(keeps freezing) and even virtual machine aren't the same. I know I can dual boot windows xp but I don't want to.

D

Deleted member 14196

Buying a used system to play an old game is a huge loss because a digital copy of that game is not expensive at all and if you think you’re going to get a laptop that can play games at a decent price that’s less than a digital license you are mistaken

You can play it on an Xbox one or even the latest one coming out because it’s backwards compatible. Get a copy for the 360

iseeu1001

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
Buying a used system to play an old game is a huge loss because a digital copy of that game is not expensive at all and if you think you’re going to get a laptop that can play games at a decent price that’s less than a digital license you are mistaken

You can play it on an Xbox one or even the latest one coming out because it’s backwards compatible. Get a copy for the 360
Do you even know what red alert 2 is? It was build when windows xp was out. It runs good on windows xp hardware. Its doesn't require much to run but it wont run good on windows 10 or virtual systems and I don't want to dual boot windows xp just to run. I am trying to look for a laptop that can run windows xp. It doesn't even need to be connected to the internet.

Do you even know what red alert 2 is? It was build when windows xp was out. It runs good on windows xp hardware. Its doesn't require much to run but it wont run good on windows 10 or virtual systems and I don't want to dual boot windows xp just to run. I am trying to look for a laptop that can run windows xp. It doesn't even need to be connected to the internet.
I did play RA2 (with addons) on Oracle VM, it runs with no issues. Also tried Fallout 2, works.