why can't I connect to the Internet anymore?

Jay_45

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 but couldn't connect to the Internet even though I was connected to the wifi in my house. So I reverted back to Windows 7. I have Windows 7 again but now every time I try to open a webpage it says the the proxy server is refusing connections, even though im connected to the wifi in my house. I just got online the day before. What can I do to fix this?

Solution
1. CMD => ipconfig /all
Make sure the IPv4 address, subnetmask and default gateway are there (you should get those from router due DHCP)
2. ipconfig /flushdns or set DNS as DHCP aswel
3. See if you can ping your router (default address should be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1)
4. Restart modem/router, see if cable is plugged in well

FrozenSpark

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015
Ok so this would be a Driver issue. If you are using a Desktop go to the website that the Wireless card or Ethernet port is made by and search for your product. Then download the drivers onto a USB on another computer and install them into the pc you are trying to fix. If this is a Laptop then go look up the laptop on another computer and do the same. If you have a PC and the Ethernet port is on the motherboard then look up the motherboard on the suppliers website and download the driver from there.

Terrorsquad1990

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015
1. CMD => ipconfig /all
Make sure the IPv4 address, subnetmask and default gateway are there (you should get those from router due DHCP)
2. ipconfig /flushdns or set DNS as DHCP aswel
3. See if you can ping your router (default address should be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1)
4. Restart modem/router, see if cable is plugged in well

Solution