Question Why can't i find a digital Fm radio to use Bluetooth earbuds?

Sep 29, 2023
Why can't i find a digital Fm radio to use Bluetooth earbuds? I would like to listen to Fm radio without adding additional wires or streaming hardware

Sep 29, 2023
Should be plenty of FM capable smartphones that would fit the bill, and portable at that.

What type of radio were you wanting?
Looking for a portable (not a smart phone that you have to pay to stream) that I can take for my walks, pool and listen. One that you can use BT earbuds if I go into the library
I understand that Bt doesn't work on analog radios but now that digital ones are out and stations it seems possible

kanewolf

Titan

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Just an FYI, you can buy an older cheap smartphone and never get cellular service for it and just use its built in FM Radio. Regular WiFi can be used to install other software, updates, etc. Some phones have the radio, but no interface to access it, you can just download an app that will provide you with a tuner.

Very pocketable and with a very long battery life. If you go for some of the older 'active' phones they are also semi water proof.

Such low end smartphones can be had for very little on the used market, but even some brand new low end phones are very inexpensive. Plus you have all the other local apps like calendars, calculator, etc that you have in addition to a bluetooth radio.

Sep 29, 2023
Just an FYI, you can buy an older cheap smartphone and never get cellular service for it and just use its built in FM Radio. Regular WiFi can be used to install other software, updates, etc. Some phones have the radio, but no interface to access it, you can just download an app that will provide you with a tuner.

Very pocketable and with a very long battery life. If you go for some of the older 'active' phones they are also semi water proof.

Such low end smartphones can be had for very little on the used market, but even some brand new low end phones are very inexpensive. Plus you have all the other local apps like calendars, calculator, etc that you have in addition to a bluetooth radio.
very interesting , I don't remember any of my smartphones having radio built in- if it did I didn't know, I've mainly had iphones or my tablet which I tried to use an app but needed wifi to use

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I used to have an HTC phone with FM. Many of the older Samsung Galaxy as well had it. It was a pretty common feature on android phones. Plenty of listicles that have them by year. Still some brand new phones that have it, but they are likely using an old SoC that happens to have it.