[SOLVED] Why can't I migrate my data onto my new SSD?

Sep 2, 2020
I recently got a new SSD, and am trying to move all my files from my old hard drive onto it. In the samsung data migration software, it says I need addtional space on the target drive (about 68gb) despite the hard drive being 100gb under capacity. Both the disk and ssd are 1tb.

Solution
I recently got a new SSD, and am trying to move all my files from my old hard drive onto it. In the samsung data migration software, it says I need addtional space on the target drive (about 68gb) despite the hard drive being 100gb under capacity. Both the disk and ssd are 1tb.
To clone into a 1TB drive, the actual consumed space on the Source drive needs to be below 800GB.
The tool needs some free space to work with.

USAFRet

Titan
To clone into a 1TB drive, the actual consumed space on the Source drive needs to be below 800GB.
The tool needs some free space to work with.

Reactions: R2burkholder
Solution

TRENDING THREADS