Why Can't I Pick All the Solutions?

MikeA01730

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2014
Hi,

I just asked a question, got a suggestion, tried the suggestion unsuccessfully, replied, went back & forth several times, until I found the solution myself & posted it.

If anyone has this problem again they should look at the whole thread. It was full of good ideas for fixing the problem, and in a slightly different situation some of them might work instead of the one that worked for me.

What happens if I don't pick a solution? Can other people still benefit by finding the thread? Or should I post a summary myself and pick that as a solution, and if I'm allowed to do that, is that considered ethical?

I think there should be a way to identify the whole thread as a solution without picking a single response.

Mike

It's against the forum rules to use multiple accounts to award oneself best answers. However, I would encourage you to summarize your findings and include your own solution. Hopefully this will help someone else down the line. Our forums are very heavily indexed and we do regularly see users reviving old topics that they stumbled upon in search of their own solutions. If you're lucky, someone may select your summary as the BA; this is the only way that a reply from the OP can be selected as a best answer.