Question Why cant i record my other videos using GeForce Experience

durangod

Honorable
Aug 10, 2016
I had this great idea that since my GeForce Experience could record great gaming vids, it could also take over recording my other videos such as ones i do for website views. But that was a hard lessons learned. The video came out wonderful but none of the menu dropdowns of the website i was recording showed up in the video, and other things were missing as well. Good thing i caught it after only 1 hour editing the video i could have wasted all day.

So the question is, if GeForce Experience will record the desktop for gaming, why wont it record everything on the desktop, including drop down menus on a website?

So the question is, if GeForce Experience will record the desktop for gaming, why wont it record everything on the desktop, including drop down menus on a website?
If you actually do record the desktop it should pick up everything,if you only record the "game" screen it will only pick up the browser screen if the browser runs menus in a different window it won't be picked up.
You need to edit privacy control and record the windows screen.
xcUWflG.png

durangod

Honorable
Aug 10, 2016
Yes that is exactly how i did it.. i also thought it would record everything.. But for some reason the drop down menus are invisible on the video.. My mouse is seen moving over them but no menu dropdowns, the mouse is just moving over empty white space on the video. Its strange because they are done with simple html and css.

Alachas

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
Hi durangod, I am getting the same problem. Did you end up finding a solution? Unluckily for me, I spent all day recording before I noticed this issue :(