[SOLVED] why cant I see other computers on the network?

sc1984

Distinguished
May 5, 2014
Hey Guys,

I just recovered from what I can only assume was a bad virus. I wiped the drives and started from scratch. I am now trying to get my network online and seem to be having troubles that I have not experienced before. I activated network discovery and made sure all fire sharing was turned on etc. I can ping both computers and everything is fine there, but when I go to network I can't see the other computer. 1 is a laptop on windows 10 pro and my main computer is a desktop running windows 10 pro that I use as a media server. I've been online researching and testing different methods and nothing is working . Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Hey Guys,

I just recovered from what I can only assume was a bad virus. I wiped the drives and started from scratch. I am now trying to get my network online and seem to be having troubles that I have not experienced before. I activated network discovery and made sure all fire sharing was turned on etc. I can ping both computers and everything is fine there, but when I go to network I can't see the other computer. 1 is a laptop on windows 10 pro and my main computer is a desktop running windows 10 pro that I use as a media server. I've been online researching and testing different methods and nothing is working . Any help would be appreciated.
Could your network be identified as "public" rather than "private" ?

kanewolf

Titan
Hey Guys,

Could your network be identified as "public" rather than "private" ?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS