[SOLVED] Why Cyberpunk's 70fps on 144hz monitor feels laggy as hell?

orenl2007

Honorable
Nov 15, 2017
Hey, this might be odd question (at least for me) - I'm running cyberpunk 2077 on my rig:

1080ti 8ram,
16ram memory
i5-8th generation
DELL 27" 144hz 1440p resolution, running cyberpunk on 1440p res as well.

I get a stable 70-80 fps rate, but it feels sluggish as hell. I tried to figure out around and read something about micro stuttering, not sure if that's the correct term for my issue?
Some people wrote to turn off v-sync completely, I did it but still doesn't change anything.

What is my actual issue? and how can I resolve it?

Solution
Hi not been funny but consider yourself VERY lucky , you say 70-80 fps , their are literally dozens of posts on here complaining about cyberpunk performace , some users saying as low as 30 fps , i even saw one guy say 10... its not your set up ... its the game.
Dec 11, 2020
Having lower fps than hz will always feel laggy. Gsync or freesync will match your hz to your fps in order to have the game feel smooth at every fps.

If you dont have either, turn down your hz to 60 and you should be fine.

Hi not been funny but consider yourself VERY lucky , you say 70-80 fps , their are literally dozens of posts on here complaining about cyberpunk performace , some users saying as low as 30 fps , i even saw one guy say 10... its not your set up ... its the game.

Solution

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Would like to gives the cyberpunks a try to see if I can run it. 5700xt and game more friendly to nvidias. Not wanting to update drivers but think it would be the must for this.

Watch videos for this and seems ok. There is so much the hype for this title.

Last edited: