[SOLVED] why did I have no wifi on laptop

abbarich

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2014
Does anyone know what would cause my laptop to lose its wifi internet connection. There were no issues with the provider. I followed a youtube video and did a restore and it works again now. I've never had to do this before. What are the likely causes of this problem? Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
So it's working now? What exactly happened when you lost the connection? Were you able to see your network? Was it listed as connected but not working? Were other devices on the same network fine? Need more details as to exactly what happened. WiFi card may have been disabled, driver issue, router issue, Windows update caused an issue.
So it's working now? What exactly happened when you lost the connection? Were you able to see your network? Was it listed as connected but not working? Were other devices on the same network fine? Need more details as to exactly what happened. WiFi card may have been disabled, driver issue, router issue, Windows update caused an issue.

Solution

abbarich

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2014
Is this a problem
Yes it's working again now after I did a network restore. The laptop lost the internet connection a couple of days ago. It suddenly said wifi not connected. I rang the provider and they ran some checks and said all was ok their end. I watched a youtube video called how to fix no wifi windows 10. It fixed it but I'm puzzled as to what caused this in the first place.