Question Why did my FPS suddenly drop in all games?

Aug 23, 2020
I've been playing COD Warzone a lot more recently and so I set all of my graphics settings to the lowest possible in order to get max FPS. I was averaging 50-70 FPS in game for about a week. Suddenly yesterday in the middle of a game my FPS dropped to around 30. I closed the game restarted my PC tried again and this time I started off at 30 fps and it never got better.

I gave up and went to go play another game on my PC. I opened Deceit which usually runs perfectly fine at medium settings and things were going smoothly for around 10 minutes and then my FPS suddenly dropped. I even lowered my graphics to all low and nothing improved. I restarted my PC and tried again and the same thing happened. I decided to get off and give it a day.

I got back on Warzone today and instantly I was having low FPS again. I'm not sure what happened all of a sudden that caused FPS in my games to suddenly drop. The only new thing I had downloaded since starting to play Warzone was Deceit which ran perfect for a few days. I've even uninstalled Deceit and re downloaded it with that not helping. Can anyone help me out here?

PC Specs:
Intel i5-9600k
16 gb Corsair Vengeance RAM
Asus GTX 1060 3gb
Windows 10 Pro

Aug 23, 2020
I just did a DDU and redownloaded my drivers but now according to my NZXT CAM software, only my CPU is being used to run Warzone with my GPU sitting at around a 5% load. I tested to see if this would be the case with another game so I launched Rocket League but my GPU was being used for that

Last edited: