Question Why did my high end gaming pc's performance just drop for no reason?

Jul 21, 2019
So I built my custom gaming PC about a month ago and until 2 weeks ago I have had no trouble with it.

Out of nowhere it just slowed down DRASTICALLY. For example, when I am making a backup of the game I am developing (the file is about 10 GB) it is now taking 5 hours give or take. It takes forever to boot up it is constantly lagging you name it.

Before you suggest things like clear temporary file, restart, defragment the hard drive, check for viruses, etc. I have done all of that. And no I have nothing else open when I am making the backups. I should be getting over 100 MB speed instead I am getting normally around 500 KB if i'm lucky and 10 MB if I am really lucky.

Jul 21, 2019
Sorry but when fault finding we need specifics, these diagnostics include the disk, not just defragging?

What is the cpu usage on all cores and the cpu speed (GHz) when at Windows desktop and when you have a load running?
3.5 GHZ. I am not sure but I have it programmed to notify me when the CPU goes over 60 C. So far I have never gotten a warning from it (and yes it does work)