[SOLVED] Why did my PC shutdown on its own?.

Solution
Go to Control Panel > Type in the search "device installation" > Click on "Change device installation settings"

Click on "No let me choose what to do" > choose the option "Never install driver software from Windows Update" and make sure that "Automatically get the device app and info provided by your device manufacture" is UNCHECKED.

UncleFelow

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
Could it be a windows update? It tends to force restart sometimes.

Does this occur only once, or is this a lasting problem over time ?
It's not windows update since this is not a restart but an initiated shutdown while the PC is in use. (basically it's like if you clicked Start-->Power-->Shut down.) This indeed happened before but I don't remember when, the weird thing is I have no software that's allowed to do that and no scheduled task.

Go to Control Panel > Type in the search "device installation" > Click on "Change device installation settings"

Click on "No let me choose what to do" > choose the option "Never install driver software from Windows Update" and make sure that "Automatically get the device app and info provided by your device manufacture" is UNCHECKED.

Solution

UncleFelow

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019

Alright, I will do that but can you explain what it has to do with the shutdown?. Thanks