[SOLVED] Why did the RAM with the declared frequency of 3200 in the BIOS in the DRAM FREQUENCY section show 2666?

Jun 13, 2020
I purchased a pc. I’m new in all this movement, but yesterday I decided to sit-down in the BIOS. I came across such a thing: RAM I have ADATA XPG 8x2 at a frequency of 3200 out of the box. But in the BIOS, dram frequency was set to 2666. I set it to 3200, but I don’t understand why the wrong frequency value was set from the very beginning, please help
Characteristics:
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390 Gaming-E
Processor: Intel Core i5-9600k
Video card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080ti
RAM: A-Data XPG SPECTRIX D41 RGB 16gb (8x2) 3200
Block: BeQuiet at 700 watts Gold
SSD m. 2: Samsung 970 evo plus
Cooling: dropsy Cooler Master ML360R RGB

Solution
Ram starts at a base speed, something compatible that any cpu/motherboard configuration can get stable right out of the box. The 3200 is the xmp (eXtreme Memory Profile) setting, it's what speed the ram Can run at, not what it Will run at, until that option is chosen by you. It's basically a factory option overclock.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ram starts at a base speed, something compatible that any cpu/motherboard configuration can get stable right out of the box. The 3200 is the xmp (eXtreme Memory Profile) setting, it's what speed the ram Can run at, not what it Will run at, until that option is chosen by you. It's basically a factory option overclock.

Solution