[SOLVED] Why do I get low frame rates?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 27, 2019
Alright!

So I have recently upgraded my hardware to be able to play newer games.
I recently picked up the new star wars game, the surge 2 and evil within 2.
However I get massive frame drops and low frame rates on all three of these games, no matter how low I go on the settings.
I should have a powerful enough of a computer to handle these games, so I really don't understand the issue.

I have tried V-sync, enhanced sync, anti stuttering etc.

My rig is:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz (I even overclocked it to 4.0 which did improve it a bit.)

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700

G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL14 Flare X

200 GB SSD ( I have tried installing one of the games on it, but it didn't improve the framerate.)

2TB Harddrive.

Asus Prime B350-plus motherboard

Solution
Ok, so let's revisit some things.

You have an intake fan in the front now, yes? Bringing cool air in?

And an exhaust fan in the rear, at the top of the back of the case, taking hot air out, yes?

And you have the PSU turned correctly so that it is drawing in cool air from beneath the case and exhausting out the back, yes?

And have you run HWinfo and monitored your CPU and GPU card thermals to verify that there is not a thermal condition? If you have not, I would recommend that you do so.

Monitoring software

HWmonitor, Open hardware monitor, Realtemp, Speccy, Speedfan, Windows utilities, CPU-Z, NZXT CAM and most of the bundled motherboard utilities are often not the best choice as they are not always...
Oct 27, 2019
Alright!
I have installed the new graphic card and everything is running way better now!
I do however have an new issue, sometimes when I play the screen can go completely black and just lose connection to the computer.
It has happened twice now, once when I tried pushing the settings and unlocked the framerate to highest om star wars, and another time when I was just playing normally.
My discord call was still connected, so I could still talk to everyone, but my game froze and my screen lost connection.
I'm gonna disconnect the GPU and connect it again, to see if it just wasnt connected properly or something.