[SOLVED] why do i have line when printing laserjet 1600 how to fix?

Solution
What action should have i take ? dusting printing special pages? what kind of maintenance should have i done?
The user's manual outlines the required maintenance schedule and tasks.

ok
since i have lots of cartridge, would you know how can i discover the printer model that accept the cartridges i already have
The 124A cartridges are listed as compatible with:
  • HP Color LaserJet 1600.
  • HP Color LaserJet 2600n.
  • HP Color LaserJet 2605dn.
  • HP Color LaserJet 2605dtn.
  • HP Color LaserJet CM1015.
  • HP Color LaserJet CM1017.
  • HP LaserJet 2605.
All of these printers are long (many years) out of production. You're much better off tossing it all and getting...
That looks like a printer in sad need of a maintenance kit. The mark on the drum in the upper picture is not fixable. Replace that entire cartridge. The one in the lower photo as well. Expect to spend several hundred $, assuming you can still find the kits and other parts as that printer is no longer in production.

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
hi what is a maintenance kit ?

the first pict i swiped it easily even thought i couls only acces a part of the cylindar the rest of plastic pieces preventing me to swipe the powder.
why do you say it cant be solve?

That printer is long out of production. The maintenance kit contains the components that are required to be replaced at regular intervals. HP no longer produces any parts or kits for this model. Whatever is available is from old stock. Likely not worth it at this point. The transfer belt (second photo) for instance is completely worn out. And, both of the photoreceptor rollers shown (1st and 3rd pictures) are also worn out which requires the entire cartridge be replaced. It's likely all of the others are in the same state. You'll easily spend enough to have bought a new printer, with warranty, as you would spend fixing this up.

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
i dont know the parts name and stuff.
what makes you say the transfert belt is worn out?
when i use isopropyl and clean it is becomes clean again

if i take all the color cartridged out will i be able to use the black correctly again?

i dont know the parts name and stuff.
No better time than the present to learn. This printer needs regular maintenance to keep performing at peak. Your pictures show that this maintenance has not been done for quite some time, and quite likely never been done.

what makes you say the transfert belt is worn out?
For 2 reasons:
  1. Experience
  2. It should be a solid, uniform black, not streaked.
when i use isopropyl and clean it is becomes clean again
Which only adds to the damage and image quality problems.

if i take all the color cartridged out will i be able to use the black correctly again?
No. All cartridges must be present and not empty of toner or the printer will not function.

The bottom line here is that this printer needs extensive work to bring it back to usefulness. There is no "Easy" button here.

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
hi
when you say this his printer needs regular maintenance to keep performing at peak. Y
what is it i dont know i should have done ?

printing cleaning page?
dusting ?
or just change pieces?

-----
iread somewhere that it is possible to override te printer to print with black only, have your heard that ? link maybe?

tx for the help

USAFRet

Titan
That HP 1600 was on my short list to buy. It lost out to a Dell 3100CN.

On my short list almost 15 years ago.

If this thing has not seen any maintenance or professional cleaning/service since you've had it...it is done. And from your pics, text, and what you report...it has not.

It is dead. Fixing it would cost more than a whole new printer.

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
What action should have i take ? dusting printing special pages? what kind of maintenance should have i done?

ok
since i have lots of cartridge, would you know how can i discover the printer model that accept the cartridges i already have

Last edited:

ok
  • HP LaserJet 2605.
All of these printers are long (many years) out of production. You're much better off tossing it all and getting a new printer.

Solution

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012

• HP LaserJet 2605.
All of these printers are long (many years) out of production. You're much better off tossing it all and getting a new printer.
thanks for the info,

Ihave a low budjet, i like the idea that lazer powder does not get lost like ink.
is there a printer model that has made itself reknowed to print a lot, low maintenance low cost ?

Status
Not open for further replies.