[SOLVED] Why do I have to remove/reset CMOS to get computer to turn on ?

hellopeops

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I wasn't sure where to place this thread. But today, for the third time within a week period, I've had to reset the CMOS to get my computer to turn on. Then go into BIOS and reset everything. Otherwise, when I turn my computer on, it turns on but the computer won't POST; it just sits there.

Any ideas as to why this is? Do I need a new CMOS battery?

Solution
I wasn't sure where to place this thread. But today, for the third time within a week period, I've had to reset the CMOS to get my computer to turn on. Then go into BIOS and reset everything. Otherwise, when I turn my computer on, it turns on but the computer won't POST; it just sits there.

I would change the battery.
I've had PCs do that many times with a bad battery.
I even have two PCs that still do...as the batteries are soldered to the MB and I'm leery of changing them...as the machines they run are critical and make our company a lot of money and I don't care for that kind of risk.

What are your full system specs?

I would change the battery.
I've had PCs do that many times with a bad battery.
I even have two PCs that still do...as the batteries are soldered to the MB and I'm leery of changing them...as the machines they run are critical and make our company a lot of money and I don't care for that kind of risk.

Solution