Question Why do I need to select my operating system when booting?

IanTVTBB6

Commendable
Jan 28, 2020
ASUS Essentio CM6870 Desktop
Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 Bit)
Intel Pentium i-5-3477 H77 @ 3.20Ghz
16GB DDR3 @ 1,600MHz
Invidia GeFore GT 620
SAMSUNG 40" J5200 Series LED 1080p TV

Hi,

Got a problem, my pc used to boot right up and show the BIOS screen for a moment followed by Windows boot screens. 6 months ago it randomly started prompting for a selection of which OS to boot. This is a black screen with white text that follows the BIOS screen. The weird thing is I made no changes to the hardware or software AND when prompted there is only one operating system listed so theres only one to select, why prompt?

This is really a problem because I am having trouble getting my samsung led tv to recognize any pc output signal up until it reaches actual windows OS screens so I get a pc that when booting will stall on the OS selection screen and I can't see the screen, so I am blindly making selections with the enter key every time I boot.

Thanks,

-Ian

IanTVTBB6

Commendable
Jan 28, 2020
I tried but I get a dialog box that says "Please Enter a Value Between 3 and 999 Seconds". It won't let me enter in 0. Also, it was set to 30 seconds. Since I set it to 3 does this mean the OS boot selection screen will only remain up for 3 seconds, then it will just boot?

IanTVTBB6

Commendable
Jan 28, 2020
There is only one OS listed on the boot tab, I only have one installation of Windows 7 Pro SP1 on my C: drive and one other F: drive for storage that does not have an OS on it. I do have a mirror image backup that performs monthly that writes my C: drive to my F: drive.