Question Why do I see 8 routers online in scan?

kdj

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
Hello,
My Dell PC laptop is hardwired to a Spectrum modem. My router is disconnected and wifi is disabled. (security issues) I have Advanced ip Scanner and Trend House Calls to scan for devices on my network. Despite my router being unplugged, I am seeing 8 routers "online" in the Trend scan. They are all listed as
"Home Router". In addition, I see all devices as dead in the Advanced ip scan while they are on and in use.
Last, the Spectrum phone app isn't working so I can not check for devices there at this time. Is there a better network scanner, free and user friendly? Thank you.

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,
My Dell PC laptop is hardwired to a Spectrum modem. My router is disconnected and wifi is disabled. (security issues) I have Advanced ip Scanner and Trend House Calls to scan for devices on my network. Despite my router being unplugged, I am seeing 8 routers "online" in the Trend scan. They are all listed as
"Home Router". In addition, I see all devices as dead in the Advanced ip scan while they are on and in use.
Last, the Spectrum phone app isn't working so I can not check for devices there at this time. Is there a better network scanner, free and user friendly? Thank you.
Many network scanners "remember" a previous scan. That may be why your devices are listed but offline.
I think "fing" on an android device is pretty good for a network scanner.

Reactions: kdj

kdj

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
Thanks kanewolf. I now have 13 routers showing on scans as ONLINE with a green lighted dot .
My computer or other devices I am using show the same - as I use them. So, the green lighted dot and the word online is making me question if the routers belong to other people on the network list?
also, I downloaded Fing - again. It wasn't working so I removed it. Second try - now it won't let me sign in and is not offering "forgot my pass word".

Last edited: