[SOLVED] Why do my USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting randomly?

SnuggleNugget

Distinguished
May 18, 2013
I first noticed my keyboard was disconnecting then reconnecting (sometime immediately, sometimes after a few seconds) last night, but now I have notice that my mouse does the same thing. I have tried using every usb port on my mobo, but the issue persists. Everything worked fine until last night. The only that changed recently was a Windows update a week ago, but there were no issues immediately after.

I have updated iCUE, uninstalled USB drivers in device manager, and even updated my bios.

It's probably worth noting that the RGB strips and fans connected to the mobo's 12v headers light up when booting, but turn off after windows loads.

Ryzen 5 2600x
ASUS B-450f gaming mobo
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb
Gigabyte 2070s gaming oc
Corsair CX600m PSU

Corsair K65 RGB keyboard
Logitech G502 wired mouse

Last edited:

SnuggleNugget

Distinguished
May 18, 2013
Oh, I didn't know about that. Thanks. I just changed it a few minutes ago and waited. The keyboard just went dark, and I got the usb device disconnection and reconnection sound. So, that didn't fix it. :(

SnuggleNugget

Distinguished
May 18, 2013
I should likely mention that the pc is taking about 3 or 4 minutes to post since I flashed the bios to the latest version. Before I did this, it was just a couple of seconds. The usb disconnects happened before this issue popped up though.