Question Why do you have to program every application one at a time to run on the dedicated GPU ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nelska

Prominent
Oct 29, 2022
So, I want to disable my integrated graphics card and run my pc from the motherboard rather than plugging the monitor into the dedicated graphics card. To do so you have to select IGD integrated graphics in the BIOS. Start up, and go into device manager then disable integrated graphics. Once you do that the cpu will try and do everything until you go into graphics and force start each application one by one by switching it to performance mode. There's no other way to do this. I have intel I am assuming amd wont run from the motherboard period.

Changing graphics performance preferences for each application individually is the only way I found to get this to work.. Are there any universal settings for it? I know I am gunna catch a ton of flack for not plugging into the gpu itself but this was the goal. It runs once I program each application.. like I had said. I was testing if I could get the computer to run on amd. From the motherboard. and so far I am assuming it just doesn't want to without forcing the application.

nelska

Prominent
Oct 29, 2022
LS20D300NH doesn't have HDMI port.
Perhaps you have Samsung S20D300HS instead.

BAH. So much confusion just because you can't provide precise model numbers.
This stuffs old. Says samsung s20d300 only right on the front. It's a walmart secondary laptop screen from a toshiba c55-a. lol. That can't run Runescape 3. lmfao