[SOLVED] Why does an hdd work on one computer and won't work in another?

Sep 25, 2021
I have 2 similar computers, same specs, same manufacturers, purchased at the same time, now my hdd works fine on the PC1, but on PC2 it will just load the windows logo for a bit before a blue screen flashes and restarts the computer, and it goes on like that forever.

I have changed sata cables, i have checked if HDD is detected in PC2 = yes. I have flashed BIOS, I have tested other hard drives on PC2 = similar issue, I have tried all 4 sata ports with 2 the working HDDs that both works fine on PC1. But for some reason PC2 is only giving these HDDs a blue flash screen then restarts continously.

Heeeeelp!

Solution
Does the HDD in question have OS on it?
Are you trying to boot from this HDD?

For OS drive to be transplantable between computers, they have to be identical - same model motherboard (or at least same chipset).
Also BIOS settings regarding boot process must be identical:
SATA controller mode (IDE,AHCI,RAID),​
boot mode (legacy or UEFI).​
If you turned off auto reboot on system failure, then you'd get BSOD with info about what happened.

I'd suspect SATA controller mode settings in BIOS on your computers are different.

For OS drive to be transplantable between computers, they have to be identical - same model motherboard (or at least same chipset).
If you turned off auto reboot on system failure, then you'd get BSOD with info about what happened.

I'd suspect SATA controller mode settings in BIOS on your computers are different.

Solution
Sep 25, 2021

hi thank you for the reply, yes the HDDs have windows, they both work on PC1 and yes they have the same chipset and BIOS settings, i made surw

Sep 25, 2021
Assuming the PC2 HDD contains the operating system, it also contains the device drivers for that system. So there is something wrong in the setup of that system. Try doing a "Repair Install" on PC2.
i can't even get that far, it will flash blue screen as soon as the windows logo appears, and i can't even enter safe mode, by the way, i tried the 2 HDDs separately on both PCs yet on PC1 they work perfectly, on PC2 they don't

I have 2 similar computers, same specs, same manufacturers, purchased at the same time, now my hdd works fine on the PC1, but on PC2 it will just load the windows logo for a bit before a blue screen flashes and restarts the computer, and it goes on like that forever.

I have changed sata cables, i have checked if HDD is detected in PC2 = yes. I have flashed BIOS, I have tested other hard drives on PC2 = similar issue, I have tried all 4 sata ports with 2 the working HDDs that both works fine on PC1. But for some reason PC2 is only giving these HDDs a blue flash screen then restarts continously.

Some of the hardware specs are probably different and you are assuming everything is identical. I've known PC manufacturers install different hardware in two computers even though it's the same PC model. Depends what parts are available on the day the PC is built.

Sep 25, 2021
Some of the hardware specs are probably different and you are assuming everything is identical. I've known PC manufacturers install different hardware in two computers even though it's the same PC model. Depends what parts are available on the day the PC is built.
hmmm seems to be odd that 2 HDDs happen to work in PC1 separately as boot devices. then both have similar errors on PC2. but anyways thanks for the help guys!!!

hmmm seems to be odd that 2 HDDs happen to work in PC1 separately as boot devices. then both have similar errors on PC2. but anyways thanks for the help guys!!!
With different BIOS settings on those computers - this is quite expected (even with identical hardware).
If that's the issue, you should get following BSOD error:
Stop: 0x0000007B

If you had shown us photos of those BSODs, you're experiencing, we could confirm this.