[SOLVED] Why does GTA V dislike YouTube?

silverbolt0953

Prominent
Jan 29, 2019
Whenever I play any game by myself, I have a habit of putting on music, podcasts, or just videos in general on my second monitor. For most games this not a problem at all and I would do this for Grand Theft Auto V, the only problem is that GTA V does not like YouTube at all. If I put on a video on my second monitor, it will freeze and stop playing after a few minutes. I'm sure it's not a problem of internet because the video will say it has loaded and I'm sure that it's not a problem of hardware either as this happens with podcasts at 144p. My PC is in no way skimping out on power (list of hardware at the bottom) and I use the Opera browser. I checked my task manager and GTA only takes up about 50% of my PC's CPU and memory. I have tried other sources of entertainment such as Netflix and the only problems I can really notice is occasional freezing in which the video continues playing soon after.

If someone can help me with my problem, that would be fantastic!

Programs Typically Open:
- Discord
- Steam
- Opera

PC Specs:
- I5-7500 3.4Ghz Quad-Core CPU
- Evga GTX 1060 6Gb Superclocked GPU
- 12 Gb DDR4
- 1TB HDD
- Evga 500W Bronze PSU

Solution
Look at the 10 sec mark in the main screen,that one thread that runs at above normal priority is what's killing your performance,it doesn't matter how much idle time your CPU has this one thread has a higher priority so windows sets everything aside until this one thread is done(and it never is done because it's a game) you can follow the video,although rockstar banns people for anything so try at your own peril,or just launch opera with high priority.
You can use this command or put it in a shortcut
start /high opera.exe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8DQl_VRiPw

silverbolt0953

Prominent
Jan 29, 2019

I assume that "dual channel" means that the ram is using different ram slots. I have 1x8 GB DDR4 and 1x4 GB DDR4

yessir. That's probably why. GTAV likes a lot of ram, as well as chrome so thats your issue.

silverbolt0953

Prominent
Jan 29, 2019

Well, I don't use Google Chrome. And other sources of entertainment such as Netflix actually play on the same browser.
Edit: I use Opera

Look at the 10 sec mark in the main screen,that one thread that runs at above normal priority is what's killing your performance,it doesn't matter how much idle time your CPU has this one thread has a higher priority so windows sets everything aside until this one thread is done(and it never is done because it's a game) you can follow the video,although rockstar banns people for anything so try at your own peril,or just launch opera with high priority.
You can use this command or put it in a shortcut
start /high opera.exe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8DQl_VRiPw

Solution