Why does it take forever to load programs?

Varzoh

Honorable
Aug 12, 2015
Things I have tried:

Restarting my computer

Defrag ment

Uninstalling old programs

Cleaning up anything else on my computer

Checked for viruses (had none)

I don't wanna have to fresh install
Or even just upgrade to Windows 10 because I heard people have problems when running windows 10 without a clean install

Thanks for any help

One of the flaws with most people and when they run any version of windows is.
That they let too many programs that want to load into memory on start up after the windows login screen.
programs can be set to auto run right after this.

You tend to end up with a long list of programs pre loading to memory, and also taking up space, or eventually a large chunk of system memory.
Most experience users of windows streamline the startup procedure of windows, in such a case where memory on a laptop or system is bellow the minimum of 4gb in memory capacity.

To do this when windows has loaded.
Use the search option of windows.
In the search box type : Msconfig.

Click on the listed search result shown.
When the window opens you will see a Tab at the top of the window saying Startup, all programs set to run after windows has loaded are in this box.

If you have a long list, then simply untick the boxes, or programs you do not wish to load after windows.
Then click apply and restart your machine.
This will speed up the time it takes windows to login, but also to launch a program from desktop executed by the user manually by clicking on the selected icon or program to run. And will also since less programs are turned off auto loading save memory and cpu processing time.
This helps to speed things up for login and as said user selection to run a program.
Freeing up resources.

Just like a car, a computer or laptop needs a good owner where once in a while it is tuned and serviced, or it will degrade quicker in relation in performance. If using from day to day.

For example why have a load of programs auto starting when you never use them at all ? there is an example !
Its a waste of time and resources, and each one will impact on the overall performance of the laptop the more it is used and ages.

You have to look after a laptop or tower based system as the user of it. it will not automatically keep it`s self in top running order if you do not have a regime to keep it in good condition. Remember it only does what you tell it to do.

Half of the problem is when you pre buy a laptop though ready to run, the companys always set programs to auto run and load right after windows user login. Full of bloat ware. Not often the fault of the buyer of it. Most of it never used by the user of the laptop.
Taking up memory and cpu time.

+1 on that.maintenance is important.on the malware front do the following.download and run a scan with adwcleaner from bleeping computer.check all the boxes in all categories for cleaning and click clean.post the logfile it generates.next download and run junkware removal tool,also from bleeping computer it will do its thing follow the prompts to get the scan going.it will then do its thing automatically.post this log as well.last do a scan with malwarebytes and select anything it comes up with for removal.post this log too.this will tell us if you have any malware slowing down your pc.if this shows nothing and your housekeeping is up to date you could be looking at a failing hdd.you can run a diagnostic from the maker of the drive to see.post your system specs as well.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/
https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

Varzoh

Honorable
Aug 12, 2015

I heard CCleaner slows your computer down quite a bit and I have malwarebytes

Varzoh

Honorable
Aug 12, 2015

Should I buy CCleaner professional? I need this to be fixed as soon as possible

Varzoh

Honorable
Aug 12, 2015

what do you mean failing hdd? and how do i do the diagnostic?

Varzoh

Honorable
Aug 12, 2015

norton blocks out adwcleaner but Junkware Removal Toolis safe?

norton might just be one of the reasons your system is so slow.its hard on resources.i need to know what your system specs are tho.all the tools i linked you to are safe.it is,however,your choice as to how you want to proceed.not skin of my back.wages suck here anyway.lol

Varzoh

Honorable
Aug 12, 2015

I will uninstall Norton then lol and my
Pc Specs:
Motherboard: 970a-ds3p Gigabyte
Ram: 8 gb Corsair
Power Supply: 500 Watt EVGA
Graphics Card: GTX 960
Processor: FX 6300

Varzoh

Honorable
Aug 12, 2015

i just did the jrt and i have the file but it might have personal stuff so i dont wanna go through the whole time it just deleted a bunch of stuff and im gonna try to reinstall adwcleaner

Varzoh

Honorable
Aug 12, 2015

My notepad froze everytime I tryed to save the log files so I clicked clean and it restarted now what do I do?
(fixed the notepad issue i gotta go pretty soon gotta get ready for bed i got school tomorrow what is a necessary thing i need to do?
right now and we can finish tommorow?

TRENDING THREADS