Why does it take my system forever to load up.....

Plyman69

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
So a year or so ago I bought a store based system for the kids. My main computer has no issues and connects via wifi and I can run almost anything flowlessly with 2 monitors going. One playing world of tanks while the other is running a HD movie from Amazon... Anyways the kids computer has always taken forever to load windows 7 Professional..... like 4 - 5 min before I can log on to the computer... and when i use windows sign on it still takes another 90 seconds to populate the desktop and another 30 second for my computer to get online.... also when running dxdiag it took over a minute to populate the popup box... I am wondering if you might be able to help me trouble shoot....oh also ... it is on WIFI but its 5 feet from the router and it constantly reconnects it has full signal strength 5 bars and say limited conenctivity... I will preface this by saying this was not a custom build... but rather a purchase from Micro Centers and one of their prefab computers.
Now
Here is what I have in the kids system

Motherboard
ECS H87H3-CM version 1.9

RAM
DDR3 8 GB

CPU
Intel Core i5 4570 @3.20 GHZ 4 cores

AMD RADEON HD 5450 PCI 2 16 bit
ENGINE CLOCK 400 MHz 650 MHz
MEMORY GDDR5
MEMORY CLOCK 400 MHz DDR2 or 800 MHz DDR3
MEMORY BANDWIDTH 6.4 GB/s DDR2 or 12.8 GB/s DDR3

Hard Drive
1GB NTFS

On start up .. this is what loads
Realtek Audio Mgr
MS Security Client
CCleaner
Windscribe
Catalyst Control Center
Raptr
Brother Status Monitor Application
Dropbox

Now if you think its the MB... can you tell me what MB i should get that would be compliant with the rest of the computer components...

Thanks for your help everyone

KingReZo

Reputable
Mar 22, 2015
Im no expert in this but you should try using an SSD instead of a HDD which run at higher speeds so the read/write from the drive to the computer will be a lot faster. When I had a Hard drive it took me a minute at least to boot up windows, now I have a SSD and it takes less than 10 seconds.

Plyman69

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

Thanks KINGREZO... i know that SSD works wonder i have a Samsung 256 GB EVO 840 in my desktop but ... something just does not seem right... i really think that the MB is the problem like its a really cheap one from 10 years ago that still works but for arguement sake runs extremely slow for todays processors etc.... there has to be more then just the SSD card

Plyman69

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

the system has over 750 GB FREE...
Its not heavily used at all...
I am at a total loss here...

IS THERE A WAY TO SEE HOW FAST THE RPM IS ON THE HARD DRIVE?

Plyman69

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

I was never given and recovery disks with this purchase and really dont have a CD key etc... so not sure what to do unless i go buy a whole new windows cd...thougths ??