[SOLVED] Why does my 1080 Ti only run at 1480 MHz on League of Legends?

Remur

Distinguished
May 25, 2012
I have a 1080 Ti, overclocked to 2025MHz, but it seems like whenever I'm playing League it's only running at 1480. What could be the reasoning behind this? Also, I have this strange issue I have yet to figure out:

I bought a new PC a few days ago. I have it set so after 30 minutes, my monitors turn off but my computer never goes into sleep. (https://i.imgur.com/4YKfW1i.png)

However, it's happened twice now where I'll move my mouse to wake my monitors up when I return and one of them will look fuzzy and weird, like it's low resolution. Trying to change the refresh rate or resolution to fix it just results in the monitor turning off and reporting "no signal," so the only fix ends up being rebooting my computer.

How do I fix this? I've also noticed with this PC that if I don't move my mouse for a couple minutes, once I try to move it again there's a brief delay before it lets me move it, as if the mouse was powered off or something and powered back on once I tried to use it.

Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it.

Solution
okay so the mouse problem might just be the computer realising that its not transmitting for a while and putting it aside for a bit, kind of like placing it in page file. the low clock on the 1080ti, i would say is that it just does not need that much power. you didnt mention the cpu maxing out or anything so im just assuming that there is just so much power in the card that there is no point in a higher clock. honestly if there's no problem then dont fix it, i doubt that your getting bad fps anyways so probable dont try to fix if its not broke. it might be worth playing with the settings to let the computer sleep instead of just the monitors or just never let the monitors turn off, thats really up to you to just a play around and see...

kadec.a.mackinney

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
okay so the mouse problem might just be the computer realising that its not transmitting for a while and putting it aside for a bit, kind of like placing it in page file. the low clock on the 1080ti, i would say is that it just does not need that much power. you didnt mention the cpu maxing out or anything so im just assuming that there is just so much power in the card that there is no point in a higher clock. honestly if there's no problem then dont fix it, i doubt that your getting bad fps anyways so probable dont try to fix if its not broke. it might be worth playing with the settings to let the computer sleep instead of just the monitors or just never let the monitors turn off, thats really up to you to just a play around and see what works kind of thing.

Solution