Question Why does my computer crash?

Sep 17, 2022
My computer has been crashing for a long time now once per day when I play games. I've gotten a new motherboard and CPU recently yet it still crashes. I also got a new case to prevent overheating and it still crashes. The only things that haven't changed are my memory and GPU. I've been speculating for a long time now that the cause of the crashes are from my GPU, but I am not sure. Does anyone know the reason to my computer crashing everyday when I play games? Is it just AMD drivers being bad?

Video of crash: View: https://imgur.com/a/DxubiSi

My computer specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X cooled by a NZXT Kraken z63
GPU: XFX Thicc III Ultra 5700 XT
Motherboard: ASRock X570 TaiChi
RAM: Corsair RBG Vengeance Pro 2x8 GB
PSU: Cooler Master V650 SFX Gold
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB
SSD: Crucial mx500 500GB

Temps while playing games:
CPU: 60C Average
GPU: 70C Average

My computer has been crashing for a long time now once per day when I play games. I've gotten a new motherboard and CPU recently yet it still crashes. I also got a new case to prevent overheating and it still crashes. The only things that haven't changed are my memory and GPU. I've been speculating for a long time now that the cause of the crashes are from my GPU, but I am not sure. Does anyone know the reason to my computer crashing everyday when I play games? Is it just AMD drivers being bad?

Video of crash: View: https://imgur.com/a/DxubiSi

My computer specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X cooled by a NZXT Kraken z63
GPU: XFX Thicc III Ultra 5700 XT
Motherboard: ASRock X570 TaiChi
RAM: Corsair RBG Vengeance Pro 2x8 GB
PSU: Cooler Master V650 SFX Gold
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB
SSD: Crucial mx500 500GB

Temps while playing games:
CPU: 60C Average
GPU: 70C Average
Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.

Boot the stick and let it run.....no errors allowed.

Did you reinstall windows and mobo drivers after this new mobo?

Sep 17, 2022
Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.

Boot the stick and let it run.....no errors allowed.

Did you reinstall windows and mobo drivers after this new mobo?
I did reinstall mobo drivers after this new one. I didn't try reinstalling windows though, I just updated it. I'll try out the memtest86 soon. Should I try reinstalling windows as well?

DSzymborski

Titan
Yup, gold standard is a full reinstall with a different motherboard. The time you save by not doing that is lost when the first time you have a serious problem, since you want to eliminate it as an issue. It's not designed to be a modular OS that you just slap in new machines; it's more of an organ transplant.

Sep 17, 2022
You might want to reinstall windows just to get it out of the mix.
I did memtest86 which resulted in no errors, and reinstalled windows. The windows reinstallation was weird because after I reinstalled windows it was corrupted and the only application I was able to use was CMD. I just factory reset the computer to fix it though. I haven't crashed so far or ran into any other problems, but I'll let you know if anything happens. Thanks!