Question Why does my E drive have more space then my C drive?

Sep 26, 2020
I do work on my laptop that uses a lot of disk space, and my c drive always gets full and i clean it up a lot. Recently, there hasnt been anything to clean up, really. But thats not the problem. My E drive has 931gb worth of storage whilst my c drive has 108. It annoys me because I wish I had the storage on my E drive for my C Drive. And the E drive is meant to be smaller than the c drive. Lol. Forgive my grammar, nobody cares on the interenet.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Right.
You've simply not used your second drive.

Also, you REALLY need to move some data off the C. You have basically 0 free space, which is killing the lifespan of that 120GB SSD.

And yes, a 3 second video is annoying and inefficient...:(

What do you use this system for?

Sep 26, 2020
Right.
You've simply not used your second drive.

Also, you REALLY need to move some data off the C. You have basically 0 free space, which is killing the lifespan of that 120GB SSD.

And yes, a 3 second video is annoying and inefficient...:(

What do you use this system for?
I make music and game development and gaming, but gaming has been breaking away from me. Yes, I agree, I need space off the c drive. The fact that I havent used my second drive is anoyying because with 1tb almost I think it can do something but really its supposed to be a partition of my c drive for emergency situations.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
It is NOT just an emergency partition, it is a whole other physical drive, of 1TB. All of it empty, except for the (wrongly placed) System Reserved partition, the boot info.

In File Explorer, open up that E drive.
Create a folder...call it GameDev. Or whatever you choose.

Then, open one of your development files.
Save As...and save it to that folder you just created on the E drive.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS