Why Does My Internet Get Slow After An Hour?

Mason1204

Honorable
Sep 14, 2015
So for some reason, once I connect to my wireless router(Also this issue is on both the 2.4 and 5 ghz) I will have my normal 100mB download speed, but after an hour or so, the connection just turns to crap. I go onto speedtest.net and run a test and it will show that everything is like it should be but loading speedtest.net will take way longer than it should to even run the test. I also play COD WW2 and the slow connection is incredibly noticable. My game will just look like a slideshow! But for some reason, if I disconnect from the wifi, and then reconnect to it. I have my full speed back again, at least until it starts to drop off again! Is there a way I can stop this from happening? Thanks!

Solution
I'd say it's a combination of the game servers getting bogged down especially if your on that server during a heavy demand time, the time of the day your playing that online title and your ISP throttling down your connection. I seriously doubt you have an issue with your router or wi-fi. If you havent allready try re-setting your router by removing the power plug for 20 or 30 seconds and plugging it back in so it can perform a good reset, this may help.

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
I'd say it's a combination of the game servers getting bogged down especially if your on that server during a heavy demand time, the time of the day your playing that online title and your ISP throttling down your connection. I seriously doubt you have an issue with your router or wi-fi. If you havent allready try re-setting your router by removing the power plug for 20 or 30 seconds and plugging it back in so it can perform a good reset, this may help.

Solution

freercurse

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2016
it could be packet loss, it quite a common occurance on WIFI try a constant ping test to google

CMD script ping 8.8.8.8 -t

and sere how that goes leave it running and look back when you get slow internet.

Ctrl +C cancles the test