Question Why does my PC always freeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ext4u

Commendable
Jul 4, 2019
Hello.
Since I bought my PC, I had 2 major problems. The first one is that, in 50% of cases, when I boot the computer, instead of the GTX1050Ti, the PC loads on the integrated graphics card. I have never found a fix for this, but anyway, I decided to live with the fact that I sometimes have to restart my PC for it to properly work.
The second problem is that my windows freezes once in a time, and there's nothing that I can do anymore. Everything worked fine yesterday, but today the windows freezed like 5 times and after that it showed bluescreens with different errors. I tried installing an antivirus to check, but the only thing that Avast did was to corrupt my Program files x86 folder. I tried installing Driver Booster to update the drivers, but nothing, always the same freeze. I'm using an original windows image. This happened to me before, but it used to fix after a windows reinstall, but now it doesn't anymore. I reinstalled the windows twice and it keeps freezing when I'm trying to do something, like open google chrome or playing csgo.
I have to mention that I have a wallmount and my GPU is connected on the motherboard with 2 PCI extensions.
My configuration:
CPU: i5 8500
GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti Gigabyte
RAM: XPG 8GB DDR4 3000mHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M-D2V
Power supply: nJoy 500W
2 SSDs: one Adata SU650 and one Kingston with 480GB

Last edited:
Gigabyte B360M-D2V does not support 3000MHz RAM. Installing it may only give you 2133MHz speed even though it supports up to 2666MHz max speed.

You wrote, "I'm using an original windows image". No idea what that is. It sounds like some kind of holdover OS from a previous system.

ext4u

Commendable
Jul 4, 2019
Gigabyte B360M-D2V does not support 3000MHz RAM. Installing it may only give you 2133MHz speed even though it supports up to 2666MHz max speed.

You wrote, "I'm using an original windows image". No idea what that is. It sounds like some kind of holdover OS from a previous system.
My bad, I rechecked and the RAM and it is actually 2400. By original windows image, i mean i downloaded it from Microsoft and activated it using KMS Tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.