Why does my PC FREEZE!!

aciuffoli

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
Hey, so my computer has been freezing so often it happens when ever i leave it or when i am just browsing or scrolling through browsers (froze when i was writing this :) ). I have also replaced most my components i will list them.
Processor: Intel i5 6600 3.3Ghz (recently replaced)
Motherboard: Asus H170 Pro gaming (recently replaced)
Ram DDR4 16G (new)
Nivedia Geforce GTX 960 2g (old)
Power source idk but is old
main hardrive is old as well but have windows running on ssd
which is new

Only thing i can think is causing this is either drivers or old parts. I don't really know. I have ran component scanning software for errors and it came up fine so i am so lost.

Solution

Might be that with the new hardware a fresh install is needed.

The XMP is something you'll find in the bios/uefi,probably under the AI tweaker section. Choose profile 1 when enabled.

Might as well be the issue. Let me know.:)
Make sure if using the three sticks together that you put the 4+4gb next to each other like in slots 1+2 and the other 8gb stick in slot 4 for example.
Can try adding some voltage if these are set under 1.35V which is about the max you can use with...

aciuffoli

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
I just cloned it onto the ssd and deleted off old harddrive. And no i don't know what that is. I am trialling one solution right now which is probably it, i had 1 8gb stick of ram and 2 4gb so maybe it didn't like that they were identical.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Might be that with the new hardware a fresh install is needed.

The XMP is something you'll find in the bios/uefi,probably under the AI tweaker section. Choose profile 1 when enabled.

Might as well be the issue. Let me know.:)
Make sure if using the three sticks together that you put the 4+4gb next to each other like in slots 1+2 and the other 8gb stick in slot 4 for example.
Can try adding some voltage if these are set under 1.35V which is about the max you can use with ddr4. Do that in steps of 0.05V with again 1.35V as the max.

Solution