[SOLVED] Why does my PC keep freezing randomly during CSGO?

May 2, 2020
Need some help with the issue below. I've scoured the web and people say it's a driver issue, i've updated my GFX card drivers, and it didn't help. I uninstalled CSGO and reinstalled. I re-verified CSGO files...nothing has helped. This issue is exclusive to CSGO.

My PC will randomly freeze while playing CSGO. When the freeze occurs, the image remains displayed on screen, however my keyboard and mouse are no longer receiving power. The computer still has power going to it because i can still hear the fans operating. When this happens, a manual reboot is required, as the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive. After I reboot, my computer will show a the blue screen with a stopcode that states that there is a memory management error. It will restart a couple of times, trying to auto repair. If that fails, it will ask to restore to an earlier point. I've done both routes, "restore" and proceed without restore. Both options allow my computer to start normally without any further issues...(until it eventually crashes again while playing CSGO). I can keep the computer on forever, watching Netflix, browsing the web, playing other steam games or league of legends, no issues.

I've played through an excess of eight hours on Rise of the Tombraider on rather high settings without any issues.

Can anyone help me with my issue below?

1. Intel Core i5-6600K @3.50 GHz
  2. 8GB RAM (Driver date 4/21/2009, driver version 10.0.18362.693)
-RAM: Crucial Technology BLS4G4D240FSA.8FADG 4GB (x2),
- speed 2400,
- PC4-19200, 1.2V,
- CAS Supported: 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 18 20
  1. Z170A PC MATE (MS-7971) MSI Baseboard
  2. Windows 10 64Bit
  3. Nvidia GTX 980 (Driver date 7/24/2019, Version 26.21.14.3200)

Note: I reverted back to the older drivers, because the latest drivers (at the time March 26, 2020) were giving me the same problem

https://ibb.co/kmXD9sz

From the image above, I took Part Number "BLS4G4D240FSA.8FADG" and found the following part on a memory benchmark website:
https://www.memorybenchmark.net/ram.php?ram=Crucial+Technology+BLS4G4D240FSA.8FADG+4GB&id=7799

Last edited:
Solution
Yes - the PC may have power but is it enough power?

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the freezes.

Overall, what may be happening is that PSU is "okay" until the power demands of playing CSGO hit some threshold wattage value and the PSU falters.

Perhaps affecting the voltage provided to RAM.

Ralston18

Titan
Yes - the PC may have power but is it enough power?

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the freezes.

Overall, what may be happening is that PSU is "okay" until the power demands of playing CSGO hit some threshold wattage value and the PSU falters.

Perhaps affecting the voltage provided to RAM.

Solution