Question Why does my PC randomly shut off

Sep 2, 2019
so recently i changed out my cpu because my old one had died, everything was fine but my pc started shutting off when playing games like rainbow six, overwatch, and cs:go. so i assumed it was a power supply issue so i went ahead and switched it out. now my pc is running the games fine but is shutting off randomly when doing simple things like watching youtube. i wouldnt think this is a power supply issue because i just switched it out? my temps are fine. when it shuts down it immediately reboots itself, so im not really sure what the problem is anymore

specs:
cpu: i7-7700
power supply: evga 600w
motherboard: msi h270-a pro
cooling: corsair h100i pro
gpu: evga 1080 ftw2
ssd: samsung 960evo 250gb
hdd: WD blue 1t
ram: gskill ripjaw 16gb (2x8)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Is the EVGA a generic 600W unrated or simple 80+ model? If so, it could well still be the issue.
Have you monitored CPU and GPU temps under load?
Do you have latest BIOS and drivers installed?
Are your RAM modules from the same physical pack?

When you say your old CPU died, what happened?

Sep 2, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Is the EVGA a generic 600W unrated or simple 80+ model? If so, it could well still be the issue.
Have you monitored CPU and GPU temps under load?
Do you have latest BIOS and drivers installed?
Are your RAM modules from the same physical pack?

When you say your old CPU died, what happened?
hey thanks :) its the 80+ one. i had two different 750w cx corsair ones before this and both would shut off while i was in game.
yes cpu stays around 40 and gpu at max around 60
yes all drivers are installed
and yes both ram sticks are from the same pack

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
So 2 previous CX models also shut down. So probably isn't PSU!

Usually once software and firmware has been eliminated, the typical running order is something akin to:
PSU > GPU > RAM > MB > CPU.

I'd initially be tempted to run the PC without the GPU and run on integrated graphics for a while to see if the issue repeats. Following that I'd probably run memtest.

Do you have any overclock or XMP enabled?

Sep 2, 2019

Usually once software and firmware has been eliminated, the typical running order is something akin to:

I'd initially be tempted to run the PC without the GPU and run on integrated graphics for a while to see if the issue repeats. Following that I'd probably run memtest.

I dont have anything overclocked and no XMP isn't enabled, I also just ran my driver easy and actually found two things weren't updated so i updated everything and if the problem continues i'll take out the gpu

Sep 2, 2019
I dont have anything overclocked and no XMP isn't enabled, I also just ran my driver easy and actually found two things weren't updated so i updated everything and if the problem continues i'll take out the gpu

so it shut off again so i took out the gpu, it turned on then immediately turned off. with the gpu in it let me unlock my pc with my password then turned off.

Sep 2, 2019
so it shut off again so i took out the gpu, it turned on then immediately turned off. with the gpu in it let me unlock my pc with my password then turned off.

an update, i went and bought a new 750w from best buy today and loaded up siege, and it still shut off.