Why does my Realtek HD Audio Manager keep doing this?

xNick1999

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2014
Maybe a few times a day my Realtek audio manager will pop up in the bottom right corner of my desktop and say "you just unplugged something from the audio jack." The thing is nothing was unplugged. When that notification pops up, the audio stops for about a second and then starts again. My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H if that helps any. Could it be that I'm just not updated to the latest drivers? If so how do I update them? Thanks

newest drivers from your mb or realteck web page. if the speakers are not unplugged look for a cut/break in the speaker wires/headphones...if it the front port doing the unplug issue check to see if windows is set to power the ports off. the ports are losing power from windows sleep. if not use a 3 party tool like hardware info 64 set it to logging make sure your power supply rails are withing atx spec.

xNick1999

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2014

Thanks for the reply. I just bought these headphones I'm using a few weeks ago and they are fine. I bought them because I thought it was my old pair that was doing it. And I downloaded the program and it said nothing was wrong.

xNick1999

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2014
I found a video which fixed the problem of the error, but my sound through my headphones changed. It almost sounded muffled a bit. I looked in my Realtek settings and couldn't find anything wrong.