Question Why does my SSD usage spike up to 100%?

Vishal_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2015
I believe windows 10 is the culprit[depends if you are using it or not] btw in task manager did you check which program is taking the disk usage as maximum ? AND you system specs as well please. which OS are you using ? any anitivirus installed ? startup programs if any ?

Matthew_38

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
I believe windows 10 is the culprit[depends if you are using it or not] btw in task manager did you check which program is taking the disk usage as maximum ? AND you system specs as well please. which OS are you using ? any anitivirus installed ? startup programs if any ?
Thanks for the reply, my bad for responding so late. When it freezes, task manager shows disk usage at 100%, but 2 or 3 programs are only using 0.1 MB/s. System Specs: Ryzen 5 1600, ASUS B350-f motherboard, 16gb (2x8) Trident Z RGB RAM, Crucial BX 300, and an EVGA 750w Platinum rated Power Supply. No antivirus besides the Windows 10 default one and only startup program is NZXT CAM.

Vishal_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2015
As per your specs the system is very good. But It might be possible that some mining program is running . That might be the issue. this happened with me when I had installed utorrent. Try to get a screenshot of task manager and post it here. Someone will definitely get to know if something is wrong.
Btw i did searched and found a lot of Crucial BX300 series 100 disk usage issues , freezing issues. Maybe some forums might help. Did u try any of those ?