Question Why does my WiFi slow down when i am charging/plugged in

Clickie

Commendable
Jun 9, 2019
Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion x360 14-ba090na. I noticed for a while the WiFi has been slow, I just put it down to a bad location in the house where the laptop is usually located. It wasn't until I unplugged the laptop to move it, that the internet speed increased quite a bit.

I have run a few speed tests. This was done by running the test, unplugging the laptop, waiting about 5-10 seconds and running the test again, not moving the laptop a millimetre. the unplugged come out with 38Mbps download and 13Mbps upload. The plugged-in come out with 6Mbps download and 12Mbps upload

I have followed a couple of guides which involved: running windows troubleshoot, forgetting and reconnecting to the WiFi network, changing power management settings, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers and reset TCP/IP stack. but nothing has helped.

I had also read on another forum, about it might have something to do with the charger not being powerful enough, which kind of made sense at the time because I upgraded my ram and added another ssd HD, so today I bought a lager 95w charger and again this hasn't helped.

I don't really know what else to do, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.