Question Why does no program let me choose installation location?

Dimitri001

Honorable
Oct 11, 2019
Recently did a Windows reinstall so now I'm reinstalling all the programs I need and so far I've installed Firefox and a program called Flux and neither one let me choose destination of installation (unless I missed some fine print option). Is this some kinda new trend in software? Why are these programs not letting me choose the destination?

Even NOD32 which I installed on a different computer only had the choose destination option in fine print that you could easily miss.

USAFRet

Titan
Recently did a Windows reinstall so now I'm reinstalling all the programs I need and so far I've installed Firefox and a program called Flux and neither one let me choose destination of installation (unless I missed some fine print option). Is this some kinda new trend in software? Why are these programs not letting me choose the destination?

Even NOD32 which I installed on a different computer only had the choose destination option in fine print that you could easily miss.
Many do.
Some don't.

That is all up to whoever created it.

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
Why are these programs not letting me choose the destination?
Software manufacturers probably do that to simplify the installation by not asking questions that some users may find confusing.

However, taking Firefox as an example, there is a full offline installer available and that will let you choose the installation directory and other options. Other programs may have the same.

Last edited: