[SOLVED] why does nvidia/other brands make like rtx 3090s price like scalpers, would it fix market?

Dec 31, 2020
Like make it like 2000$ retail for a bit, and when it restocks the bots will resell and get no profits.
and like make nvidia tell people not to buy it

Solution
If the price went up to $2000, the scalpers would sell it for $2500. They are betting on the rule of supply and demand. With little supply, they feel they can over charge to make more money because people will still buy it because they can't get it.

There is no fix (unfortunately), outside of just not giving in and making them sell the cards at the correct price or hope for a decrease. This will be a consistent with any new release till the overall market for PC components decrease and with COVID-19 and so many people working from home or kids home schooling, I don't see an end in sight. I think this is one reason Nvidia didn't announce a 3080 Ti 20GB card this week. Why announce a new card that we can't get, when the 3080 demand is...

tecmo34

Administrator
If the price went up to $2000, the scalpers would sell it for $2500. They are betting on the rule of supply and demand. With little supply, they feel they can over charge to make more money because people will still buy it because they can't get it.

There is no fix (unfortunately), outside of just not giving in and making them sell the cards at the correct price or hope for a decrease. This will be a consistent with any new release till the overall market for PC components decrease and with COVID-19 and so many people working from home or kids home schooling, I don't see an end in sight. I think this is one reason Nvidia didn't announce a 3080 Ti 20GB card this week. Why announce a new card that we can't get, when the 3080 demand is so high that no one can get it either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution