Question Why does someone keep hacking my network/accounts

iseeu1001

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
I have never done anything to anyone or even posted negative things but why am I getting hacked. My accounts have gotten hack and no matter how much times I change my password he/she keeps trying to go in. I got a notification from yahoo that someone was trying to get into my account from Vietnam but who knows if its a vpn or something. He/she also slows down my network and I don't know how or why they are doing that. I have a 1 gbps and I don't hit my close to my speed which is suppose to be 940 down and 840 up because I even checked multiple speed test sites and they are saying I hit the exact speed but my network is slow. Why am I being hacked. I am not rich or bothering anyone yet why am I being targetted by someone. This is getting on my nervous because that person hacked my imgur account and posted pictures of close to naked girls with random links. I have closed multiple account for those reasons but I don't get why this is happening to me. I have tried changing my ip address, I have tried using vpn, I have tried scanning all my pc on my networks yet nothing works.

Ralston18

Titan
Scammers, hackers, bad guys, etc. do not care who you are, what you have or have not done - so forth and so on.

All they want is access to your computer, its' data, and whatever accounts you have.

Bad guys are always trying to get into accounts. That is not the issue per se as long as the attempts fail because you have strong passwords.

Overall, those attempts (and hopefully failures) are not slowing your speed. Traffic slows speed.

For many people the speed(s) promised by their ISP are grossly inflated and often negated by "fine print".

Start by securing all of your accounts first and foremost.

Then address the speed issue. There are any number of reasons that speed is limited. Could simply be a bad connection or cable.....

Reactions: digitalgriffin

iseeu1001

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
Scammers, hackers, bad guys, etc. do not care who you are, what you have or have not done - so forth and so on.

All they want is access to your computer, its' data, and whatever accounts you have.

Bad guys are always trying to get into accounts. That is not the issue per se as long as the attempts fail because you have strong passwords.

Overall, those attempts (and hopefully failures) are not slowing your speed. Traffic slows speed.

For many people the speed(s) promised by their ISP are grossly inflated and often negated by "fine print".

Start by securing all of your accounts first and foremost.

Then address the speed issue. There are any number of reasons that speed is limited. Could simply be a bad connection or cable.....
I have 2 factory authentication on all my accounts that can have it that requires either me to login to my email or send a text to me but that still doesn't stop the hacker from trying to get into them.

For the speed issue I mean it shows that I hit close to my max speed on those testing websites but then I am at a crawl sometimes feeling like I have a 10 Mbps connection speed instead of 1gbps.

If your 2fa is a email you have to assume that is also compromised and hes likely intercepting the reset codes there then deleting them

Assume you have a trojan or virus which has an active key logger on your system. Scan it with 3 anti viruses packages. Bit defender, malware bytes, avast or kaspersky. They all have free trial versions. Do a full scan, not a running or boot up exe scan. It will likely take all day to run all 3.

If you come up clean im going to assume you used a similar password for each account. Dont do that. Reset all your security questions. Write it all down on paper, store it, till you remember it. Dont use common words/phrases. Intentionally misspell words. Replace letters with symbols.

If your hacking issues dont stop, assume one device you use (like an old android device or pc) is infected deeply. Use your accounts on only the main pc you wiped down. If you are still a target, and you are losing accounts assume your pc has some deep root kit. Reinstall everything os included. Use only basic drivers from amd intel and nvidia. Some mb vender software pkgs like gigabyte and asus are malware targets.

Also dont use cracked software or key gens. Dont go surfing questionable sites. Surf with firefox or chrome in a std user account with a paid for anti virus.

Most routers now a days have a built in speed test for qos services. Test your speed there. Also shut down every device in the house except your main computer with a hard line (ethernet) to the router. Run task manager and see what your network throughput is to see if your computer is generating the traffic.

Last edited: