[SOLVED] why does sound not return?

jtoya85

Honorable
Feb 27, 2018
I'm running windows 10, recently updated, and I use a Corsair VOID Elite headset and whenever I adjust the volume with the headset all other volume levels adjust, not the problem though. When I return the levels back to where I wanted them for daily use not all the other levels return to where I wanted THEM to be. I usually have master sound at 50 and other software at half of that or lower. when I turn down the master volume I see that the other volume sliders also move down, why, I don't know. Then when I go to turn the master volume back up the other software's sliders barely move and "system sounds" is usually at 0 and stays there. it seems like windows is doing some multiplication, i think, to try and match the increase/decrease in master volume to the other softwares' but how do I prevent myself from having to go into the volume mixer and resetting other volume sliders back the the levels that I wanted them?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Master volume being the one under the output device? to far left of the window?
It reducing everything's volume is how its meant to work.

They are percentages, if you adjust the Master from 100 to 50 and have say Chrome set at 50%, it will drop its volume to be 25 until you raise master again. You can't have an application to be above Masters volume, but if they below they will always try to stay the same distance away from max

The void adjusting the levels is part of the problem as it moving them might be why system sounds is at 0 when you try to move it back up again. Is there a way to set profiles in the headset software?

jtoya85

Honorable
Feb 27, 2018
i forgot to say that system sound randomly just turns all the way down as well as Discord's, sometimes when I join a chat channel I can't hear anyone and I scratch my head until I check the sound levels and see that Discord was turn all the way down before even joining the chat channel. would Discord's sound attenuation have anything to do with it?

jtoya85

Honorable
Feb 27, 2018
Okay the problem is still here, and I would really like some help. this time I have a new PC build and everything is updated, including Windows 10 to 2004, and at random times and even at startup System Sounds and something else, don't know what that is until I open the program and notice the low/no sound, the volume slider is at one or just plain zero. I have tried looking for answers and possible fixes to this problem but nothing is working.

Here is what I see. When I start my PC the system sound is reduced to one or zero without me touching it, Discord is sometimes the same way. This is a completely new build with a fresh install of Windows and all my drives completely formatted and my programs reinstalled. I do use the sound attenuation in Discord so I can hear when my mates are talking in-game and I have the exclusive mode in sound settings for my headset, both playback and recording, turned off. Under the communication tab I have "Do Nothing" selected. I have no sound enhancements to change, either. I use a Corsair VOID elite wireless headset and iCUE is updated to the most recent version. I'm not sure what other information is needed to help fix this problem but I will give it if asked. Please, someone help me because this is getting frustratingly annoying.