Question Why does Windows seem to get clogged up so often

durangod

Honorable
Aug 10, 2016
Hi, 3 years ago i finally was able to build my own computer, cost me over 2 grand but i ended up with something that at the time i figured was so powerful with the latest intel cpu chip set, a great gaming card, tons of memory, a great power supply, lots of drives, and a nice cooler, and windows 10.

But even with all that it just seems to always get clogged up all the time and i have to run Ccleaner, clear the dns cache, reboot and then its fast and ready to go again for a few more days then do it again, why? Is that just the nature of windows or pc's in general?

Here is the basic scario that really brings this to the forefront of my experience here. Pl.ease bare will me as i explain the process here.

I have two internets, i have to because one is great for downloading and the other is great for gaming, and they each suck at other things lol
I have a manual switch on the wall that i can just push the button and switch between them. Now for a long time that worked perfectly(well it seemed to but maybe not now in hindsight)

One is the verizon jetpack (i live full time in my RV so this comes in handy) I have it tethered into my pc usb port.
The other service is Hughesnet which i use for uploading and downloading game updates mostly now days (which tend to be huge files)

This last month i noticed that two days after my verizon plan reset i was already out of plan limits and i was like WTH... i checked to be sure that the switch was on hughesnet and it was. Two days later i noticed that i was downloading on hughesnet and my killer control panel showed nothing, and that set off another red flag. So then the light bulb went off wow it was not verizons fault im not on my hughesnet feed im still on verizon thats why the time is up.

So i checked it and as soon as i unplugged the verizon from the computer usb my killer control panel shot right up. So that told me that the computer was not switching the nets or that my switch was bad. So i went into the connection settings advanced and i unchecked the "let windows decide best internet" and i made jetpack 2 and hughesnet 1.

So i have the jetpack cord unplugged right now so that i know im using my hughesnet service. Which should be fast has heck, and now getting back the the main topic here. I tried to download some stuff today and it was 200mb and it showed it would take 10 hours to do.. that is not right, it should only take less than a minute. So i cleared the cache, ran Ccleaner, and rebooted and redid the download and it took about 30 seconds. This happens regardless of which internet service i use.

Many times i get a 404 from websites that i know are up because they are mine... also many times cant even look at some sites like github because it fails to connect, but other times it works great with all sites.

So is this clogging up issue all related in some way? Is it that i have two internets hooked up at one time? Is it that windows or the browsers save so much data that it eats up all of my 32GB of memory? Is it all the above?

With such a powerful system its just hard to believe that it can be so clogged up in some way that it wont download or surf the web effectively long term.

Any clues as to what this might be or what to watch for would be greatly appreciated... thanks :0 )

durangod

Honorable
Aug 10, 2016
Hi, thanks for the reply :)

not too bad i think, i mean some of them are worse than others. see pic

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eu52vmq5dqi1tui/drives.jpg?dl=0

Just a quick update here... i may have found the culprit... after some reading i decided to uninstall my killer network adapter software, started a game download and BAM, its downloading like no tomorrow. 20 hours down to just 2 hours for 9GB file... So it appears the killer adapter was the culprit, at least for the speed issue.. even though i had the priorites set correctly.

Now ill wait to see if it gets clogged up again in a day or so.

:)

Last edited: