Question Why doesn't my video card wake up from standby sometimes?

Sep 26, 2018
I recently did a bios update on my B450 mobo and since then my video card won't wake up occasionally when my computer sits idle for some time and my display turns off. I have to reboot to get my video feed back up. I'm wondering if bios update could have triggered that and if i'd have to roll back update or wait for new update to fix it?

Try this, first. Disable both hibernation and fast startup. Disabling hybrid sleep is also a good idea if that is enabled in your advanced power profile options.

To disable Hibernation:

1. The first step is to run the command prompt as administrator. In Windows 10, you can do this by right clicking on the start menu and clicking "Command Prompt (Admin)"
  2. Type in "powercfg.exe /h off" without the quotes and press enter. If you typed it in correctly, the cursor will simply start at a new line asking for new input
  3. Now just exit out of command prompt

How to disable fast startup.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

Once you disable hibernation, there may not BE any option to disable fast startup, and that's ok because if there is not even after you click the "see options not currently available" then it's already disabled.