Apr 30, 2024
While playing FH5 I've got 75 FPS(the maximum I can get with my 75Hz monitor) with high presets and half of the graphics options set to ultra. In ETS2 on ultra settings I only get 28-30 FPS and sometimes fps drops. It's strange for me because FH5 has more demanding and fancy graphics than ETS2. FH5 uses 100% of the GPU and the max frequency my GPU can get and ETS2 uses 100% of the GPU but it doesn't make the GPU reach the max frequency.

I have heard something that FH5 uses ForzaTech which is optimized for console games and uses more efficient the GPU resources than the ETS2 Prism3D but it's still strange for me to see such a big discrepancy in performance. I mean in both of the games the CPU runs under half of the load. If does exist is there a way to make ETS2 have more FPS or to no have FPS drops without reducing without reducing the image quality at 1920x1080(like to somehow optimize my settings for Prism3D)?

My PC setup:

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 DS3H V2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600(with a overclock profile up to 4000Mhz and 1.34V on all cores and profile with 4200Mhz and 1.36V on the fastest CCX1 core declared by Ryzen Master)(both of th
ese profiles are stable in Cinebench);

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Ventus XS (with a overclock profile up to 2010Mhz GPU clock and 4700Mhz memory clock, stable in Unigine Heaven benchmark and Superstition benchmark).

PSU: Seasonic 12III 650W 80 Plus Bronze

(sorry for any spelling mistakes)

JWNoctis

Reputable
Jun 9, 2021
Nothing specific, but considering just how old ETS2 is, compared to FH5 - I vaguely remember playing it in college, when the thing first came out - I'd expect entirely different engine optimizations. These two are separated by about a decade, by release date.

I haven't tracked it for a while and don't know what development has taken place since maybe seven years ago, but I'd doubt they would overhaul its core engine to run at best possible performace on modern hardware. Maybe pick a GPU hardware monitor - GPU-Z, HWInfo, etc. - and determine where the bottleneck is.

Reactions: Vasile01Ro
Apr 30, 2024
Nothing specific, but considering just how old ETS2 is, compared to FH5 - I vaguely remember playing it in college, when the thing first came out - I'd expect entirely different engine optimizations. These two are separated by about a decade, by release date.

I haven't tracked it for a while and don't know what development has taken place since maybe seven years ago, but I'd doubt they would overhaul its core engine to run at best possible performace on modern hardware. Maybe pick a GPU hardware monitor - GPU-Z, HWInfo, etc. - and determine where the bottleneck is.
The thing is in both games the gpu is the only one who gets at 100% use and the CPU ,with or without the overclock profile applied, is well under 50%. Even though the shop where I have builded the PC said that this config should have a very low bottlenek to none.