[SOLVED] why fps drop despite i have Gtx 1070?

Apr 11, 2020
i have gaming laptop gtx 1070 , i7-7700 , 8 VRAM my laptop screen give 75 Hz " FPS " but my laptop can give 144 hz im having FPS drop reach 15 -25 so bad everytime . what shall i do this is first time i post here , can anyone help me if you please

Solution
i downloaded the msi afterburner i saw my GPU between 85-87 , but my CPU is above like 92-95 cup2 or cpu3 or cpu 4 like this all of them more than 90 , and my game is fortnite
That's high enough for it to thermal throttle, probably. When you see the FPS drop, see if the CPU clock speed drops for some time. Alternatively, you can run an AIDA64 Stress test, that puts a load on your CPU and sees if it is thermal throttling or not. If the CPU hits 95C on Fortnite, chances are AIDA64 will cause it to thermal throttle. Try to limit your FPS to 60 or 75 Hz, maybe you are getting high FPS sometimes which causes too much load on CPU, and it overheats and slows down. you can either do this by enabling V Sync in game settings, or limit...
Could be due to overheating, what game are you playing and at what settings? Install MSI Afterburner and use the On-Screen display to check CPU and GPU temperatures while gaming, as well as check, when a spike occurs, whether the temperatures are dangerously high or not(85C or more on average is dangerous, and overheating can be anything over 90C). If the laptop is reaching very high temps, the CPU and/or GPU can thermal throttle, as in, they slow down their speed to reduce the temperature, which causes FPS drops.

Apr 11, 2020
Could be due to overheating, what game are you playing and at what settings? Install MSI Afterburner and use the On-Screen display to check CPU and GPU temperatures while gaming, as well as check, when a spike occurs, whether the temperatures are dangerously high or not(85C or more on average is dangerous, and overheating can be anything over 90C). If the laptop is reaching very high temps, the CPU and/or GPU can thermal throttle, as in, they slow down their speed to reduce the temperature, which causes FPS drops.
i downloaded the msi afterburner i saw my GPU between 85-87 , but my CPU is above like 92-95 cup2 or cpu3 or cpu 4 like this all of them more than 90 , and my game is fortnite

That's high enough for it to thermal throttle, probably. When you see the FPS drop, see if the CPU clock speed drops for some time. Alternatively, you can run an AIDA64 Stress test, that puts a load on your CPU and sees if it is thermal throttling or not. If the CPU hits 95C on Fortnite, chances are AIDA64 will cause it to thermal throttle. Try to limit your FPS to 60 or 75 Hz, maybe you are getting high FPS sometimes which causes too much load on CPU, and it overheats and slows down. you can either do this by enabling V Sync in game settings, or limit your FPS using MSI Afterbuner itself. To do this, go to On-Screen Display in settings of Afterburner, click on More, then there will be a new window with a setting for framerate limit - set that to 60 or 75.

Solution