[SOLVED] Why games say out of memory error

Mar 13, 2021
So i bought a r9 380 and download some games like team fortress 2, cs go, minecraft, Call of duty modern warfare remastered and in all of the says the same problem ,,Out of memory error''
Team fortress 2 says that should lower my settings
Minecraft just didnt start at all
CS GO same as TF2
CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE REMASTERED says that: ,,Out of memory error. You are probably low on hard disk space (14). ,,
And my hard disk space is
What should i do to fix it 63,2 gb of 240 on D and 84 of 160 on C
Specs; i5 2500
r9 380
8gb ram
240 gb hdd
160gb ssd
550W psu
Before i bought the gpu TF2, MINECRAFT,CS GO run well( but with low fps), and CODMWR crashed because my gpu before was garbage

Solution
Sounds like something is hogging system RAM for some reason. Still, I'd expect paging to take care of that unless a process is leaking literally GB of RAM. And some of those titles (TF2) aren't exactly heavy on RAM usage (I'm pretty sure TF2 is still limited to just 2GB, being a 32-bit .exe).

It's also possible the games are trying to run off of your internal GPU instead of the dedicated one, and they are throwing an error because of a lack of VRAM. Are you absolutely sure the GPU is being used and the drivers are properly installed/up to date?
Sounds like something is hogging system RAM for some reason. Still, I'd expect paging to take care of that unless a process is leaking literally GB of RAM. And some of those titles (TF2) aren't exactly heavy on RAM usage (I'm pretty sure TF2 is still limited to just 2GB, being a 32-bit .exe).

It's also possible the games are trying to run off of your internal GPU instead of the dedicated one, and they are throwing an error because of a lack of VRAM. Are you absolutely sure the GPU is being used and the drivers are properly installed/up to date?

Solution