Question Why i have low FPS in Cyberpunk ?

Aug 3, 2022
I have low PFS in Cyberpunk, its betwen 30 to 63 FPS max with RTX 3070.
Can it be problem in motherboard?

My PC:
i5 9600 KF
Gigabyte RTX 3070 8GB OC
Gigabyte H310M S2H 2.0
16GB DDR4-2666MHz ADATA XPG Gammix D10

Hey there,

That's a pretty demanding game, even for a RTX3070. It averages about 60fps or so at 1440p high.

Your lower FPS are most likely attributable to your CPU. Whilst not a bad CPU, and still a decent gamer, Cyberpunk likes host resources so a stronger CPU will push more FPS from your card. A little less at 1440p than 1080p, but still, it's prob the difference between better lows/average/max FPS.

edit: If you drop res to 1080p with same settings, do you get an increase in FPS?

Last edited:
Reactions: CompuGuy71
Aug 3, 2022
Hey there,

That's a pretty demanding game, even for a RTX3070. It averages about 60fps or so at 1440p high.

Your lower FPS are most likely attributable to your CPU. Whilst not a bad CPU, and still a decent gamer, Cyberpunk likes host resources so a stronger CPU will push more FPS from your card. A little less at 1440p than 1080p, but still, it's prob the difference between better lows/average/max FPS.

edit: If you drop res to 1080p with same settings, do you get an increase in FPS?
nope )))
even on 720p streel same FPS ) IDK

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I watched a few videos and it looks like the GPU is still the limiting factor most of the time. Average frame rates are pretty equal between single and dual channel 16GB configurations. It is interesting to note that despite the same amount of memory, when dual channel is enabled, Cyberpunk will consume more memory. Which tells us the game engine appreciates it.

However, the frame times between the two are in favor of dual channel, so the experience would be smoother with less stuttering.

Most of the tests I saw were with higher core count CPUs with hyperthreading. The last thing you could do would be to try and track down a used 9900K.

Most of the footage I saw was people driving around, which may not be indicative of the rest of the gameplay which may be more CPU intensive. Combat calculations are not to be ignored.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
All joking aside, I have an 11900K and a 3070 FE. If I run highest settings, DLSS on, ray tracing on gets ~50+ and ray tracing off gains me perhaps 10 or so frames.

I have personally found that turning down crowd level helps a lot. Even in my own case I see almost no difference when running 1080 vs 1440. The game has a lot of optimization left needing done IMO. I am of the hope that if the game stays popular (and reading indicates it's not so much doing that) hardware and tweaks to the game engine will catch up and make this into the title everyone wanted it to be.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Aug 3, 2022
All joking aside, I have an 11900K and a 3070 FE. If I run highest settings, DLSS on, ray tracing on gets ~50+ and ray tracing off gains me perhaps 10 or so frames.

I have personally found that turning down crowd level helps a lot. Even in my own case I see almost no difference when running 1080 vs 1440. The game has a lot of optimization left needing done IMO. I am of the hope that if the game stays popular (and reading indicates it's not so much doing that) hardware and tweaks to the game engine will catch up and make this into the title everyone wanted it to be.
what ???))) ok..now i will not change my i59600kf )

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
what ???))) ok..now i will not change my i59600kf )

I would not trade out a 9600K(F) for a 9900K. It's two more cores and a WHOLE lot more heat, aside from the gouging resellers are doing on them. Right at the end of them being readily available new places like Micro Center were blowing these out for pennies on the dollar, comparatively speaking. Aside from that an H310 mobo would suffer greatly at the power draw that 9900K would want and suspect it wouldn't perform very well.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I think the game is okay. I think its lowered popularity comes from the hyped expectations and the vast amount of money blown on marketing for it. That and its poor reception on the older consoles.

Upgrading the CPU might help you with other games and future titles, I would say look into it depending on cost. And consider what you can sell the i5-9600k for. 6 threads is kind of the new minimum for AAA titles.

Or consider a complete sale of the motherboard, CPU, and RAM. And replace it with a 12600K or something. It will set you back, but treat that 3070 a lot better.

Speaking of that, motherboard thermals might be something to look at. Might be causing the CPU to throttle.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Or consider a complete sale of the motherboard, CPU, and RAM. And replace it with a 12600K or something. It will set you back, but treat that 3070 a lot better.

Yes, I agree 110 on that. If you were going to go to the trouble to upgrade anyway, find something 12th gen Intel.
I would almost suggest holding out for the new Ryzen but being a new platform, taking a wait and see attitude for those first couple of months is prudent.

Aug 3, 2022
I think the game is okay. I think its lowered popularity comes from the hyped expectations and the vast amount of money blown on marketing for it. That and its poor reception on the older consoles.

Upgrading the CPU might help you with other games and future titles, I would say look into it depending on cost. And consider what you can sell the i5-9600k for. 6 threads is kind of the new minimum for AAA titles.

Speaking of that, motherboard thermals might be something to look at. Might be causing the CPU to throttle.
I would not trade out a 9600K(F) for a 9900K. It's two more cores and a WHOLE lot more heat, aside from the gouging resellers are doing on them. Right at the end of them being readily available new places like Micro Center were blowing these out for pennies on the dollar, comparatively speaking. Aside from that an H310 mobo would suffer greatly at the power draw that 9900K would want and suspect it wouldn't perform very well.
Oh..now i have new motherboard )) i bought few hours ago) its - asrock z390m pro4

Aug 3, 2022
What power plan are you running? Change to high, and see if it helps, or Ultimate.

To get the Ultimate powerplan , simply type the following into powershell:

powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
What power plan are you running? Change to high, and see if it helps, or Ultimate.

To get the Ultimate powerplan , simply type the following into powershell:

powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
on maximum

Single channel memory?

16GB DDR4-2666MHz ADATA XPG Gammix D10

He's asking if you have one memory stick (1x16) or two (2x8). 2x8 will net you a healthy boost.

Engage your performance overlay and look at what the CPU usage is. Keith hit the nail on the head. Cyberpunk is pretty CPU demanding as a lot of things, like people and palm trees, are procedurally generated which takes a lot of CPU time and cores.

Aug 3, 2022
He's asking if you have one memory stick (1x16) or two (2x8). 2x8 will net you a healthy boost.

Engage your performance overlay and look at what the CPU usage is. Keith hit the nail on the head. Cyberpunk is pretty CPU demanding as a lot of things, like people and palm trees, are procedurally generated which takes a lot of CPU time and cores.
1 memory ....
When i turn benchmark fps test in game all is ok (have good FPS)..bit when i play - in different locqtions on the map i have different FPS ( from 48 to 98)