Question Why I'm getting 15 fps in GTA V , dying light and other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2020
Please don't spam the forum keep it to 1 thread
My spec- i5 3470
MSI rx570 8gb oc
Ram -4gb DDR3
PSU -crosair VS550
Os- win7 ultimate 64bit .
motherboard -gigabyte h61 -R3
I even updated driver and test my cpu at Intel processor diagnostic tool it pass all test please help me 😭.
Edit- couple people saying uninstall Intel HD from safe mode and disable it will fix my problem will it work ?

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Titan
12 GB might not work as RAM not sold together may not work together. Get a 2x4 or 2x8 RAM kit. RAM doesn't typically improve FPS too much in most cases, but when you're actually running out and the PC is resorting to using slower resources, as yours is likely doing, can be beneficial.

I'd also make sure I have a clean legit copy of Windows installed with all drivers fully updated (without using any driver booster type software). Plus, make sure you're actually connected to the GPU, which seems simple, but people accidentally mess up and plug monitors into their motherboards all the time.

Jul 29, 2020
12 GB might not work as RAM not sold together may not work together. Get a 2x4 or 2x8 RAM kit. RAM doesn't typically improve FPS too much in most cases, but when you're actually running out and the PC is resorting to using slower resources, as yours is likely doing, can be beneficial.

I'd also make sure I have a clean legit copy of Windows installed with all drivers fully updated (without using any driver booster type software). Plus, make sure you're actually connected to the GPU, which seems simple, but people accidentally mess up and plug monitors into their motherboards all the time.
My os and amd driver are upto date I can only get 8ram right now, will uninstalling Intel HD graphics will fix or improve my pc performance in gaming ?

DSzymborski

Titan
window 7 CD my bother bought it from local pc shop.

A legit copy of Windows Ultimate this goes for more than $300. Was that much spent? If not, it's very likely that it's a dodgy, pirated version full of junk. Local shops selling these kinds of things is a plague, especially if you're in a non-Western country where it's easier to crack down on this kind of thing.

Jul 29, 2020
A legit copy of Windows Ultimate this goes for more than $300. Was that much spent? If not, it's very likely that it's a dodgy, pirated version full of junk. Local shops selling these kinds of things is a plague, especially if you're in a non-Western country where it's easier to crack down on this kind of thing.
😦My window Ultimate price was less than $50 it's pirated I think but when u check my computer properties it says windows active and even windows updates comes ? How it's possible, And will it affect my gaming performance ?

Its fine, dont worry about the OS for now. First and simplest thing to check. Where is your monitor plugged into? The monitor should be plugged in to the GPU, which is going to be closer to the middle of the case (Probably), instead of the motherboard. If you have the GPU plugged into the motherboard, your performance will suffer greatly. If you are using the Monitor output that is next to a USB or AUX jack, that is wrong. There should be nothing directly next to the display port other than more display ports.

https://cdn3.volusion.com/evdcj.meacq/v/vspfiles/photos/208824-3.jpg?v-cache=1593029185
This is what you should be looking for, and your need to plug the monitor into one of these ports

Reactions: Turtle Rig
Jul 29, 2020
My pc spec - i5 3470
MSI Rx 570 8gb oc
Ram 4GB DDR3 dual channel
PSU - crosair VS550
MB-gigabyte H61-R3
OS- win 7 ultimate 64 bit PIRATED Version.
Win and driver both are Upto date .
I've already ask this question yesterday and middle of conversation with people that thread got ban idk why please don't ban this one too moderators 🥺 I just need your help .

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's not really a such thing as Pirated Windows as such for the retail versions. Windows is free for download and use, all the way back to Win95 A. What you pay for is the key, that's the questionable part. Many Win8.1 keys and prior are generated using illegal software, they look real to the OS so come back as legit. Many keys are stolen, pulled from pc's found in junkyards, or even yardsales, so there really can be no proof of original purchase or owner. Many are pulled off the hard drive from client pc's by questionable repair shops and sold online on the gray-market. Many are just 2nd party sales, that come with the pc so technically skate by under Microsoft eula.

Regardless, your OS as such isn't Pirated Version unless it has been changed from its original copyright code. Whether the key is fully vested as original legit Microsoft and you are the only user of that key, is a different story.

The way it works is the keys are an algorithmic sequence, there's billions of possible combinations, but each combination is tailored to a specific OS. For ease of explanation, assume the answer for Win7 is 13 and for Win7Pro the answer is 56. You plug in your key using Win7Pro and the answer is 13, it's not a viable key. Get 1 number or letter different and the answer comes back as 56.00003, and it's not a valid key. But everything was done on the user end.

Because of the way internet, dialup, connections etc worked back then, the pc was the Judge of valid keys. Today with Win10 and readily available internet, Microsoft itself has all the keys, owns all the keys, you purchase the right to use that key.

You have a valid Win7 key. Your pc accepts it as a valid key. It'll come back as active and valid, according to your pc. There's nothing about the key that's invalid. The legality of its acquisition in the first place is what's questionable.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020
were you able to get more fps before or is it the first time you testing your system??
Nope I had i3 2100 and Gt710 2gb
I was able to play GTA 5 at 34fps at 720p with some shuttering then decide to upgrade I bought used i5 3470 and new MSI Rx 570 8gb and that's where prb started can't even reach 20 fps at GTA 5 .

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Did you use Driver Delete (DDU from guru3d.com) or just install drivers etc. You went from nvidia to amd and they really do not like to cooperate on a basic level. Concerning igggames.com
The only non-trustworthy bits are their virus infected website, which can be avoided with an ad blocker and noscript.
Their releases are also not clean/original. They repack everything with their own NFOs/readmes that are just links to their website. Most people have no trouble with the games, but because they repack everything, you can't be sure they didn't modify the game in any way, which is why they are considered untrustworthy.

You keep assuming Piracy. Many of the games listed there are no longer covered under copyright protections, or are so old they are now considered freeware.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020
There's not really a such thing as Pirated Windows as such for the retail versions. Windows is free for download and use, all the way back to Win95 A. What you pay for is the key, that's the questionable part. Many Win8.1 keys and prior are generated using illegal software, they look real to the OS so come back as legit. Many keys are stolen, pulled from pc's found in junkyards, or even yardsales, so there really can be no proof of original purchase or owner. Many are pulled off the hard drive from client pc's by questionable repair shops and sold online on the gray-market. Many are just 2nd party sales, that come with the pc so technically skate by under Microsoft eula.

Regardless, your OS as such isn't Pirated Version unless it has been changed from its original copyright code. Whether the key is fully vested as original legit Microsoft and you are the only user of that key, is a different story.

The way it works is the keys are an algorithmic sequence, there's billions of possible combinations, but each combination is tailored to a specific OS. For ease of explanation, assume the answer for Win7 is 13 and for Win7Pro the answer is 56. You plug in your key using Win7Pro and the answer is 13, it's not a viable key. Get 1 number or letter different and the answer comes back as 56.00003, and it's not a valid key. But everything was done on the user end.

Because of the way internet, dialup, connections etc worked back then, the pc was the Judge of valid keys. Today with Win10 and readily available internet, Microsoft itself has all the keys, owns all the keys, you purchase the right to use that key.

You have a valid Win7 key. Your pc accepts it as a valid key. It'll come back as active and valid, according to your pc. There's nothing about the key that's invalid. The legality of its acquisition in the first place is what's questionable.
I'm sorry but I don't understand what ru saying .

Jul 29, 2020
Did you use Driver Delete (DDU from guru3d.com) or just install drivers etc. You went from nvidia to amd and they really do not like to cooperate on a basic level.
Nope I don't know anything about DDU, currently im formatting my pc installing new windows and amd drivers I'll update you if this fix my prb or not .

Jul 29, 2020
Its fine, dont worry about the OS for now. First and simplest thing to check. Where is your monitor plugged into? The monitor should be plugged in to the GPU, which is going to be closer to the middle of the case (Probably), instead of the motherboard. If you have the GPU plugged into the motherboard, your performance will suffer greatly. If you are using the Monitor output that is next to a USB or AUX jack, that is wrong. There should be nothing directly next to the display port other than more display ports.

https://cdn3.volusion.com/evdcj.meacq/v/vspfiles/photos/208824-3.jpg?v-cache=1593029185
This is what you should be looking for, and your need to plug the monitor into one of these ports
My monitor is connected to gpu HDMI port.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'm sorry but I don't understand what ru saying .

It's simple. Win10 is internet registry. Every OS prior was not. It was pc registry. Windows looked at the key and either it was a valid OS key or not. But was just contained in your pc, did not need the internet at all. There was no master list, just a program to decide if the key was valid for the OS. It was either a key that worked or didn't. Your pc copy of windows decides that.

It's like your house key. The lock doesn't care where the key comes from, as long as it fits. It either works or not. Win10 is more like the key fob for your car, it's special and get from a dealership. There's no 'master key fob' like you can use a master-key or skeleton key on your house. With Win10, you register online, Microsoft itself has a master-list, no key generators. It validates the key and tells your OS either good or not.

So the key you bought, is a valid Win7 key according to your pc, it'll unlock the door. The legality of that key is the issue, not the key itself.

Jul 29, 2020
It's simple. Win10 is internet registry. Every OS prior was not. It was pc registry. Windows looked at the key and either it was a valid OS key or not. But was just contained in your pc, did not need the internet at all. There was no master list, just a program to decide if the key was valid for the OS. It was either a key that worked or didn't. Your pc copy of windows decides that.

It's like your house key. The lock doesn't care where the key comes from, as long as it fits. It either works or not. Win10 is more like the key fob for your car, it's special and get from a dealership. There's no 'master key fob' like you can use a master-key or skeleton key on your house. With Win10, you register online, Microsoft itself has a master-list, no key generators. It validates the key and tells your OS either good or not.

So the key you bought, is a valid Win7 key according to your pc, it'll unlock the door. The legality of that key is the issue, not the key itself.
I will try but currently I need fix this fps issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS