[SOLVED] why is 8gb going into hardware reserved

Nov 15, 2020
yo ive had a problem for the last few days with my ram ive got 16gb installed into my pc but 8gb of it is being taken away in something called hardware reserved ive tried so many solutions, read so many forms but nothing seems to work i will provide a screenshot my specs:
Windows 10 64x
gtx 1070
ryzen 7 1700
16gb of ddr4 ram

Solution
Did you run memtest and check sticks?

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

win 10 is more sensitive to bad ram than previous versions so it would pay to check sticks before we go looking for another reason.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you run memtest and check sticks?

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

win 10 is more sensitive to bad ram than previous versions so it would pay to check sticks before we go looking for another reason.

Solution