why is 90% of my 10gb ram being used even though the resource values dont add up to 90%

jacklecrackle

Commendable
May 2, 2016
can anyone help. My task manager shows that 90%of my 10gb ram is being used ven though i have just teamspeak open. Aswell as this i added up all the resource values and they only add up to 600mb of ram being used, which obviously isnt 90% of 10gb. I game on my pc therefore i have to be able to run games without the memory capping, therefore this problem means i cant play properly, someone help pls .

2) Can you please tell us what OS version you are running?

1) Often, this is simply the result of Windows having data cached in memory against future use. If that particular data is used, you get speedy response. If you need to load other stuff, the cached data can be thrown away, as it matches what is on disk. Can you post a picture of memory usage from the Resource Monitor?

3) How did you manage to end up with 10 GB of RAM? It may be possible that it's not in dual-channel mode and you could get better performance by removing some. Can you dowload CPU-Z, run it, go to the memory tab, and see if it is in single-channel, dual-channel, or some other configuration?

MERGED QUESTION
Question from jacklecrackle : "10gb ram installed only 1.14 gb usable! win 10"

jacklecrackle

Commendable
May 2, 2016

Hi, i have continued my search of the problem and actually found something strange last night... In system info it states that 10gb of my RAM has been installed, however only 1.14 is available for use! This is clealry the problem as after adding up all resource values they add up to roughly 90% of 1.14gb. This is obviously the problem but i need help on the fix. And btw i am running win 10 home 64 bit. Also i just did the cpuz thing and it says i am running dual channel.

TRENDING THREADS