Why Is A Command Prompt Box Flashing After Windows 10 Startup/Login?

jmayo15

Prominent
May 5, 2017
Hello there everyone! I recently built a PC, and I have been noticing a command prompt box flashing (for probably just a few tenths of a second) after I log into my account (running on Windows 10). I was just wondering if this is normal, or if this is something I should be concerned about. I've been running tests through Windows Defender and Webroot, and they have not detected any viruses or malware. Is there anything else I should be doing or looking into if this situation warrants it? Thanks in advance!

Solution

This will probably fix that"
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3426393/fix-hourly-cmd-window-pop-appearing.html

USAFRet

Titan

This will probably fix that"
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3426393/fix-hourly-cmd-window-pop-appearing.html

Solution

MasterChief86

Honorable
Dec 13, 2016
to give you a quick gist, you'll have to go to Task Scheduler and search and disable OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration. to do that. open task scheduler and then look for the arrow near scheduler library. once you see the layers below, click on the arrow near Microsoft Folder.

Netman_1

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017
Hi jmayo15,
THESE STEPS SOLVED THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM FOR ME!
I just had this problem which flashes the Command Prompt in front of ur screen when is on idle or working. The famous reason for this problem to hop into your computer is malware. I had this when I downloaded random stuffs without an antivirus and malware care softwares (by disabling the windows security systems, lol). What I did was, I used Malwarebytes to solve the malware problem. Here are the steps I did :
This can help if you ONLY have CP pop up problem.
1) Download Malwarebytes (Trial Version is enough).
2) Go to 'Scan' tab and start scanning it using "Threat Scan"
3) Once done, quarantine those detected threats.
4) Go to 'Quarantine' tab in the exact same app and delete the quarantine folders.
5) Restart the computer.
6) Open the Malwarebytes and go to 'Scan' tab again and now scan using 'Hyper Scan' (as it only needs few more to detect).
7) Go to 'Quarantine' tab again and follow step 4 again.
8) Restart your PC and the problem should be gone (as for me, it did).